ArcGIS Hub Issue- Single Service with Multiple Layers(2) Showing as 3 Items

06-08-2021 09:27 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello ArcGIS Hub Team, 

It appears that a service which has two layers within it is now showing up as three items in ArcGIS Hub (please see images below). We're unsure if this issue is from the most recent Hub or if it's by design, but it creates confusion for our audience. 

I would be happy to discuss further if you would like to set up a screen-share. 

Single Service (two layers)- 

Amanda__Huber_1-1623169466385.png

Single Service (two layers) represented as three layers in Hub- 

Amanda__Huber_0-1623169399900.png

Thank you, 

Amanda Huber

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To add on to this, when you are in the Feature Service page(containing the multiple layers) in Open Data the user is missing a lot of options that only appear for the layers such as "Download", "Create a Map", "Create a Story", and "View API Resources".

bFrahm_2-1623170301527.png

If separating the multiple layer service into multiple pages is intentional and is staying, a user should really be able to download both layers together in a file geodatabase and use other options that are available to the separate layers.

ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your feedback. In order to make content more easily discoverable, all public services will have their layers and tables split out into individual search results. We realize that logically this can be confusing. We're planning a middle-term enhancement where sub-layers and tables will be grouped and displayed below a service as search results.

Regarding bulk actions for multi-layer items, this is good feedback and I have added it to our backlog for consideration. Feel free to share additional ideas about bulk actions that you'd benefit from.

0 Kudos
JenniferSmits
New Contributor III

I am pretty keen to get ahead of this too. We have several services that we would like to serve only ever as a "whole" of all parts, rather than their individual parts. Individual parts make no sense out of context and people feel like they need to add each when in reality they only need the top level service. They also may miss some data if they access each individually. It would be good if we could choose how this plays out in our public catalogue/hub site. In 2023 (December), are there any improvements that i can implement? Thanks. 

0 Kudos