ArcGIS Hub - Datasets and Custom Cards

Jump to solution
08-23-2018 07:29 AM
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Perhaps a newbie question, sorry.

Instead of using the Dataset layout tool in ArcGIS Hub, I'm wanting to link to a dataset with a custom card but still navigate to the dataset view that would be given if the tool were used. 

How is this possible?

So this view from a custom Bootstrap Card instead of using the Dataset tool

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reaching out Jonathan. This is coming to the official online documentation soon, but we've put together a customization doc that might be helpful as you look into building custom cards. There are many tips and tricks that I've personally found very helpful in getting the hang of the page/site editor. Take a look and see if that helps, but happy to help answer any other questions you may have!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reaching out Jonathan. This is coming to the official online documentation soon, but we've put together a customization doc that might be helpful as you look into building custom cards. There are many tips and tricks that I've personally found very helpful in getting the hang of the page/site editor. Take a look and see if that helps, but happy to help answer any other questions you may have!

JonathanMcDougall

Hi, I've been aware of the customisation page for a while and I've used a lot of the Calcite cards and code snippets, all very helpful, thank you.

It's actually being able to link to the dataset page, as shown in my screengrab, within the card.

Am I missing something that's glaringly obvious?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I'm understanding correctly, you'd like to embed the dataset page within a custom card, in which case I would recommend trying the iframe card. See example here: http://hamhanding-dcdev.hub.arcgis.com/pages/dataset-embed 

I wouldn't exactly recommend doing this from an aesthetic perspective (notice the duplicative headers), but if you are trying to embed a live website within your site or pages, that would be the way to achieve it.

What I would recommend in this instance is to take a screenshot of the page and link to it directly in your custom card. You wouldn't get the live interactivity, but it would avoid a lot of the futzing around you often have to do with iframe embeds.

JonathanMcDougall

Hi, just to be clear - I'm looking to link to a dataset page from within a card. So, using one of the card scripts,  and inserting the page url to the href.

My issue, daft as I may be, is where do I find the dataset page url?

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

Brain freeze, completely!

Really sorry, and thanks for the help - I've just figured it out.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No problem! Hope all of my almost-answers are useful somehow!

0 Kudos