Sign In should default to ArcGIS.com

02-07-2023 09:03 AM
Labels (1)
GJY
by
New Contributor III

If a user tries to sign in to our Ontario GeoHub site, the sign-in window that pops up defaults to the AGOL organization that the Hub site is hosted from:

GregYoung2_0-1675789293887.png

User try to sign in with their credentials from another organization and receive an error. I realize that they can click the "Sign in to your account on ArcGIS Online" link, but many users don't really understand the difference between different orgs and get frustrated. It would be better if the sign-in defaulted to arcgis.com

1 Comment
LiamHarrington-Missin

Thank you @GJY

I too have this issue.  It's taken me a while to figure out why my user's sign in experience wasn't working as expected.  The default sign in experience is to the home parent AGOL organisation, rather than either teh catch all ArcGIS sign-in or even the hub org..  This is horrid for public community members (Hub Premium) because their account is with the hub org, not the parent org.  

As you say, they get an error message about being unrecognised and that leads to grumps.

I'm wondering if one of the regular Esri contributors could take a look and let us know if we are missing anything to change the default hub site login experience to the generic ArcGIS sign-in rather than the parent AGOL org?

@rho12245 or @KlaraSchmitt for example?