Set row visibility to the Organization level

04-11-2022 10:47 AM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Currently, row visibility on a Hub page can be set at the Everyone and Group levels. I'd like to be able to set the visibility at the Organization level as well - similar to Sharing in AGOL. 

We have what is basically a single page Hub site that is publicly accessible where anyone can download most of our data. However, we have some data that are limited to our organization members.  We'd like for our org members to sign in to the Hub site and have a row visible only to all our Org members from which they could access the organization-specific data.

It would be impractical to manage a Group that contains all our Org members (too many comings and goings). 

Thank you. 

2 Comments
PatrickJankanish

Great idea! Unfortunately for us, this seems to be how the row visibility settings are working right now. I posted about this here. I want to be able to limit row visibility to a group, or to no group, i.e., make it private, but that isn't working. Anyone who signs into our org can see what should be a private row despite the fact that I haven't enabled visibility for any group.

PatrickJankanish

@Trippetoe As I was finishing my first comment on this idea, it occurred to me that maybe my problem was that I had not specified ANY group to limit row visibility to and that maybe for this feature to work, one has to specify at least one group. I've now tested that, and it seems to be the case.

If you want to limit row visibility to one or more groups, select "Limit to Group" and specify your group(s). If you want to limit row visibility to the organization, select "Limit to Group" but don't specify any group.