Add splash screens to hub sites

09-02-2021 01:05 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Add a splash screen option to hub sites, similar to the option available in instant apps, dashboards, experiences, etc.

7 Comments
JustinPrather

Thanks for submitting your idea, @wayfaringrob!

Can you describe how and why you would envision using such a capability? What are you wanting to achieve with it?

Thank you for elaborating! Further details will help us!

wayfaringrob

Anything, really. We use a hub site as a data centre and want to add a site-wide disclaimer that pops up when you open it. In another case, we might want to use it as a welcome or instructions screen. I was a little surprised to find this setting doesn't exist, as most other products have it.

Trippetoe

same as @wayfaringrob.  It'd be nice to have our Community members acknowledge terms of use / data use disclaimers when they accessed the site.

We know we can set up a Welcome message and Terms of Use on Community account creation, but it'd be nice to remind folks about the disclaimer each time they came to the site

KevinMacLeodCAI

Government, we need modal splash screens with an Agree button. 😅

wayfaringrob
wayfaringrob
RichardSyme1

I would second the need for a splash screen in Site. I have developed a site and have received a request to include a splash screen. Maybe I went down the wrong path and should have used Experience Builder. As this is a demo, probably not going to rebuild my site in Experience Builder. Any suggestions welcomed.