Redesigned content is coming soon ✨

04-13-2021 12:17 PM
JustinPrather
Esri Contributor
3 6 1,539

Important update - new launch date

We're glad to hear so many of you are excited about the new content pages!
A few of you have requested additional time to preview and test your content, so we are extending the release date to May 25, 2021.

On May 4, 2021 May 25, 2021,  the maps, data, documents, and templates you share will have a brand-new look.

To learn more about the redesign coming to your Hub content, check-out this blog post that describes the updates in detail.

MicrosoftTeams-image-11

From our demo site, you can test-drive the content updates and see instructions for previewing the updates within the context of your own site.

We'd appreciate your feedback – take our survey to let us know what you think.

Tags (2)
6 Comments
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Hola Folks,

The new full screen items visualization is a great feature. I always thought letting users see the content of the data first before downloading was paramount. With the current small map and almost non usable interface, this purpose was defeated.

The other updates are great too and I'm looking forward to start using the new design. Excellent news!

Milton

KatelynThompson
Esri Contributor

Hi Milton,

Thanks, we're glad to hear your interest in full-screen visualization! We're excited about it too 😊

Have you seen our demo site? I wanted to share it with you in case you haven't seen it yet. We provide instructions on how you can preview your own content ahead of the release if you're interested.

Please let us know if you have any additional feedback. 

- Katie 

MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

@KatelynThompson,

Yes, I checked the demo site and tried the new design with my own datasets. Other cool feature is the new way to show all the layers from a single map service. Now the layers are shown grouped, as should have. This is an excellent added feature.

Thanks for you hard work.

Milton

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Dug through the upgrade documentation.  Talk about burying the lead.  The one thing that I think a lot of folks missed was that the API explorer will not be immediately available.  I know I did.

I'm going to work around the issue by using an automated update of my assets using something like this:

https://cobgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=1144a35c58d9481eab1676708f02cb2d

Probably will be adding a section under the Description showing the API url and another link to the API documentation.

KatelynThompson
Esri Contributor

Hey John, 

Thanks for reaching out. Happy to provide some clarity 😊

The API Explorer will available on May 4th. You'll be able to find it in the following locations for items that have API access enabled:

• From /explore the info button opens the side panel where you can find a link that states I want to use this which pulls up options to provide a GeoService, OGC WFS, or OGC WMS link or customize a query with an additional option to Open in API Explorer
  • From /about (explore view > View Full Details), there will be an I want to section… that you can use to select View API Resources. This will bring up the same options available on the side panel when on an explore view.

The API Explorer link provided in these options is directed to the /api route (e.g. data/:id/api). 

"Coming soon" on the Demo Site FAQs is in reference to the preview functionality which is currently unavailable. The copy has been updated to clarify this. 

- Katie

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Outstanding news!  Thank you.

About the Author
Design Lead for ArcGIS Hub and Enterprise Sites