Ordinary Kriging_Serious Application Error

02-08-2011 10:35 AM
SilviaBologna
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm attempting to perform ordinary Kriging using the geostatistical wizard in ArcMap10 on Windows Vista SP1.
In particular, in the second step in which I define the Kriging and output type, when clicking  NEXT ArcMap closes with the message "ArcGIS Explorer has encountered a serious application error".

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Silvia
0 Kudos
20 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
- Can you reproduce the problem, i.e does it happen each time you try?
- Have you applied Service Pack 1?
- Are you using a joined field?
- Can you send the data?

Thanks
Steve Lynch
ESRI
0 Kudos
SilviaBologna
New Contributor
Yes I applied service pack1 and I'm using a not joined field of a point feature class of a personal geodatabase.
Actually the error occurs just when I am using this dataset, otherwise, with other datasets I can perform it without any problem.

Thanks

Silvia
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Please can you email me the p-geodatabase (slynch@esri.com) and for the time being copy the featureclass to f -geodatabase or shapefile.

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
IanJohnson
New Contributor
Hi Hedera and Steve,

When you've reached some type of consensus on this would you please post it? I came on here to start a thread on this exact problem. I am currently running SP1 as well. Not joining to any fields.

I have experienced this same crash when doing ordinary or universal kriging. It always happens on either "Step 2 of 5" or "Step 3 of 5" when using the wizard. The I have emailed my error reports and have included my email with these reports. If it would help you Steve I can send you the address that the error reports are registered under.

Any help much appreciated!

GrizJohnson
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
GrizJohnson

What format are you data that cause the crash? I.e p-geodatabase or f-geodatabase or shapefile?

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
IanJohnson
New Contributor
I am working out of a personal geodatabase.
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
We have a problem with some p-geodatabases in ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst in version 10. Please convert your data to f-geodatabase (or shapefile).

We are hoping to have a fix available post version 10 Service Pack 2.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Steve Lynch
ESRI
0 Kudos
IanJohnson
New Contributor
We have a problem with some p-geodatabases in ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst in version 10. Please convert your data to f-geodatabase (or shapefile).

We are hoping to have a fix available post version 10 Service Pack 2.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Steve Lynch
ESRI

Hi Steve,

I have been working out of a F-GeoDbase per your suggestion and GeoStatistical Analyst has been working perfectly. Thank you.

Ian
0 Kudos
TimCushman
New Contributor III
I'm having the same GA crashing problem, but I have been using a joined field? Why can't you use a joined field?
0 Kudos