How variance of kriged data is computed within Geostatistics Analyst

09-26-2014 10:15 AM
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Since yesterday, I am looking how to get the variance of kriged data from my sample, could you if you please tell me where this information is stored among the four stages of Geostatistical Analyst? Is there a way other than the Wizard of GA to compute the variance of the results of ordinary kriging?

Thank you for your help?

Best regards!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have a Ordinary Kriging geostatistical layer (made from the Geostatistical Wizard) in your Table of Contents, you can right-click it and choose "Change output to prediction standard error."  The layer will then show the kriging standard errors (the square root of the kriging variances).  You can then export this layer to a raster with GA Layer to Grid geoprocessing tool. 

0 Kudos
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III

Eric,

Thank you again for your answer... A colleague asked me this question last week as he tried to help me to solve the issue of uncorrelated sample data we are facing with GA. As GA doesn't use exactly the same terminology like other Geostatistical softwares to express some similar concept of spatial statistics, after some readings about  GA about  GA help in Resource center, I realized that kriging variance is just  map standard errors. So I was able to map predicted standard errors. Sorry about that I was stupid to miss out on this issue.

Best regards!

0 Kudos