Hi, I tried to enhance a layer in the GeoPlanner app using the analysis function but failed. The error reads in part "object Object". Popped over to ArcGIS Online and was able to enhance the layer there. Any fix for GeoPlanner? -- Owen

04-01-2020 09:00 AM
OwenDwyer
New Contributor II

Here's a screen capture. I was working through the Esri training course, "Exploring the Green Infrastructure in Your Area". 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
KennethWalton
New Contributor II

Hi Owen, sorry to hear that you're running into an issue. Can you clear your browser cache and try running the analysis tool again in GeoPlanner?

If you're still seeing the issue after clearing the browser cache, would you be able provide some additional information?
- Are you using the ArcGIS Online or Enterprise version of GeoPlanner?
- Which OS and web browser are you using?
- Which initial layer is selected for the Enrich layer tool?
- Which enrichment variables are selected in the Enrich layer tool?

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet, so any info you can provide would be a huge help!

Thanks!,
Kenneth

0 Kudos
OwenDwyer
New Contributor II

Hi, Kenneth: Will do! More soon'ish, -- Owen

0 Kudos
OwenDwyer
New Contributor II

Oh, and I'm working in Chrome on a MacBook Air with an enterprise version supplied by Indiana University. The initial layer is Baton Rouge Flood Mitigation Cores and I'm trying to enhance it with the 2019-24 population growth rates data. -- Owen

0 Kudos
KennethWalton
New Contributor II

Thanks for this info! Do you happen to know which version of Enterprise you're using?

0 Kudos
OwenDwyer
New Contributor II

Yea! Clearing the browser cache did the trick. Why? Maybe I can share the explanation with my students. -- Owen

KennethWalton
New Contributor II

Awesome! Glad to hear its working now!

I believe that the web browser cached an older version of the code used for GeoPlanner, and that older cached code was being used. Clearing the cache makes the web browser get the correct code for GeoPlanner.

If ArcGIS Enterprise gets updated to a newer version, this issue might reappear. Clearing the browser cache should resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
OwenDwyer
New Contributor II

Thank you, Kenneth! I’ll share this helpful information with my students. Oh, and I’m using ArcGIS Online, with an enterprise log-in through IU. Earlier, I was confused and misspoke when I described my situation. -- Owen

0 Kudos
KennethWalton
New Contributor II

Oh I see, no problem! I probably should have wrote "ArcGIS Enterprise" instead of just "Enterprise". Glad that it's working now!

ArcGIS Online had an update on Tuesday, which could could explain the issue.

Good luck with the class!

0 Kudos
ChristopherKlem
New Contributor

Hello, I am working on the same tutorial and am receiving the same error message for the same step. I have restarted my computer and cleared the cache but am still receiving the [object Object] error. I am on a Dell Precision 5530 and Google Chrome using ArcGIS online. Do you have any suggestions to fix the problem?

0 Kudos