Error opening project

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 11:12 AM
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

Hello, just starting out with geoplanner, and I am getting the error opening project message, when trying to open an existing project. same message when trying to start a new project and open a template.  Thought it might just be late afternoon connection issue yesterday, but have gotten the same messages today. everything opened fine Tues afternoon.  Any idea what might be happening?  Any hint appreciated, thanks, Clarageoplannerunabletoopen.JPG

PS - this may sound really nitpicky, but everything related to geoplanner (app/emails/etc) is delivered a completely black background, that to be honest, feels heavy and uh, downright grim.  Is there any way I can change that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertStauder
Occasional Contributor

This issue seems to be related to accessing the app from https://geoplanner.arcgis.com.

You'll be able to open and create projects if you access the app from http://geoplanner.arcgis.com.

We are working to correct emails originating from Esri that have the https address. If you experience this problem, please post here and we'll work to resolve it.

Regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertStauder
Occasional Contributor

Hi Clara,

Are you using a trial version of GeoPlanner? A trial ArcGIS Online Org?

I'll forward your feedback to our communications team.

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

Hello Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me - I'm in an AGOL Org that is definitely not trial, but the Geoplanner lic is - we were told it's good for a year.  I was starting to think that someone on our end forgot to pay the water bill, but here's what happened on Friday:

I have a PC at my office and also a roving LT.  When I saw your reply, I tried to open Geoplanner from the LT on Friday, which opened correctly, and happens to be the machine I was using Tues afternoon.

Monday, here I am in the office on the PC, I am still getting the same error opening project message as above.  Is there a configuration setting or a limitation that I wasn't aware of?  I can still use the LT, so it's not a full-stop, it's just something I wasn't expecting but can plan around.   Thanks for any clarification,

0 Kudos
AmitSinha
New Contributor II

Rob asked me to respond to your query.

First, is this still an issue? That you are able to access it from LT but not from a desktop PC? Which browser? Are they same on both?

Typically, the error message that you are getting indicates that you may not have an access to the project service resource? Please verify which template you used to create the project?

Finally, can you try to recreate a new project using a template, and see if this prevents you from opening it successfully on a PC.

Let us know.

Amit

0 Kudos
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

Hello Amit,

Yes, this is still an issue - I am on the PC now, so I just checked and am still getting the same message - I can open projects from the LT but not from the PC.  I'm using the same global account and browser.  I own the project I'm trying to open, and it does open from the LT.  The project was the sample from the first exercise, template for land use planning.

Also, on the same PC, when I attempt to start over, and open any other template, I get the same result from this workflow - Create a new project, select, loading template..., error loading template.  (I tried several templates and got the same result.)geoplannerunabletoloadtemplate818.JPGgeoplannerunabletoloadtemplate_818.JPG

Thanks for any info!

0 Kudos
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

hello Amit, I'm using the roving laptop now and the existing project opens right up, with no hesitation or error message. While using the LT I was allowed to create a new project using the same template as the one that does not open on the PC (template for land use planning) and to test further, was able to access and create a new project from the LT using a different template (geoplanner training, wildland fire). On the PC, no other template will open from the create menu - error message(s) above.

Any hint appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
AmitSinha
New Contributor II

Hi Clara,

You seem to be saying that you can create projects using templates on your laptop, but not on your desktop (landuse planning seems to be working, but not completely). I am curious to find network you are connecting from your laptop and desktop? Are there any restrictions placed on the one that the desktop is using?

Also, can you inspect the network traffic in the browser for any errors you might see? That would be useful information for debugging. Are you using the same browser on laptop and desktop?

Amit

0 Kudos
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

Good morning, I am in the office and brought in the roving LT, so I have both machines in front of me today, on the same network, also I doublechecked and each browser is exactly the same version. 

Here is a current status update:

I have 3 projects in Geoplanner right now:

1) created from land use planning template from the PC (Jul): open from PC-fail.  open from LT-pass.

2) created (new) from land use planning template from LT: open from PC-fail.  open from LT-pass.

3) created (new) from wildland fire planning template from LT: open from PC-fail. open from LT-pass

4) create new project from existing template: PC fail (had been pass in July), LT pass

in case it helps, on the PC, the status bar message never gets to validating feature design service, it goes straight from opening, to error loading.  Thanks Amit and Rob for taking a look.

0 Kudos
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

Just had a thought after posting: the only new install from the time of creating project #1 in the above list is Operations Dashboard, is there any way that an installed arcgis component could interfere with Geoplanner?  I'll uninstall it now and let you know what happens ... stay tuned.

0 Kudos
RobertStauder
Occasional Contributor

This issue seems to be related to accessing the app from https://geoplanner.arcgis.com.

You'll be able to open and create projects if you access the app from http://geoplanner.arcgis.com.

We are working to correct emails originating from Esri that have the https address. If you experience this problem, please post here and we'll work to resolve it.

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos