With out using Geo event server how can we push real time data feed on map?

09-14-2017 07:09 AM
NiladriBanerjee
New Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to plot my real time location data feed on top of my base map. I am not using Geoevent server to create the data feed, I am  on the process of creating my own  web socket server with node.js which will emit  Esri Json data. Please guide us with out using Goevent how can we create the data feed and can populate the data using stream layer on the map.

I am refering this below link

StreamLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.21  

where in 3rd paragraph it is mentioned that 

"You may also use your own web socket server, as long as it emits geographic features in the Esri JSON format. " So I believe with out using the Geoevent server we can also pushed the realtime data on the map.

It would be of great help if anyone can guide us how to implement that.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NiladriBanerjee
New Contributor

Any help concerning this issue will be highly appreciated!

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Niladri,

What type of information are you requiring? From the looks of it, you are doing what is required - creatng a web socket, it returns esri geojson. I assume you are also implementing some form of routing for the different layers and providing the same methods/properties the stream service would handle

0 Kudos
NiladriBanerjee
New Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your reply. I am now able to achieve this with out using Geo event server by using the following example. Here websocket and stream layer was used and it works great. 

/blogs/nicogis/2014/08/05/websocket-with-streamlayer 

0 Kudos