Select to view content in your preferred language

Use Results from one Poll for JSON as input to another

05-18-2023 07:44 AM
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

I am trying to use the AeroAPI from FlightAware in GeoEvent Server instead of their Firehose service and the FlightAware GeoEvent Connector. However, the way the the AeroAPI is structured, one needs to poll one page for a tail number which results in JSON that contained the FlightAware Flight ID. This Flight ID needs to be pushed into another website to receive aircraft position. Based on my research it does not seem possible to use the result from one Poll External Website for JSON connector as an input to another. The last post on the forum was from 8 years ago that asked a similar question. Is that still the case? If so, is anybody else using the AeroAPI?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

It was for me with a similar scenario. I had to poll a Cloud Service for a list of cameras and then poll each camera for the line crossing AI data (counts).   Could not find a way to do this in geoEvent or Velocity so I built an intermediary process in PHP on a host that has access to both systems and it pushes the refactored JSON to the Esri feed. 

0 Kudos
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, I had a feeling that was going to be the case. 

0 Kudos