Update Feature Stops Finding Target Feature

06-29-2015 04:30 PM
JayFlorey
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I have an output that Updates a Feature in an sde geodatabase. I turned on extended logging on Friday to try to resolve some issues I was having. This afternoon, the output started throwing errors stating that it could no longer find the feature with the track id value in the outbound event. I have attached a portion of the karaf.log file showing messages before and after the error started happening. I have also attached a screen shot of the feature table, taken from an ArcGIS Online map showing that the target userID value (40) does exist in the feature class. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jay

5 Replies
JayFlorey
New Contributor II

Hi All,

The problem has gotten worse. Now it is not finding any of the features. I have tried deleting and re-adding all of the features. I have removed the field calculator. I opened up the rest feature service in IE and queried for the userID reported in the karaf.log file and it returned the correct feature. I restarted the output and the GeoEvent Service. I checked both the source and target GeoEvent Definitions to make sure that the correct field is labeled as TRACK_ID. Is there anything else I can try?

Cheers,

Jay

0 Kudos
JayFlorey
New Contributor II

I tried changing the TRACK_ID tagged field to a different one in both the source and target definitions. I restarted the GeoEvent Service. In the karaf file, it shows that it's still doing a track id lookup on the previous field and not the new one.

Cheers,

Jay

0 Kudos
JayFlorey
New Contributor II

I figured out why the unique identifier query didn't change. It's not enough just to change the TRACK_ID tag on the fields, I also had to change the Unique Feature Identifier Field in the output configuration. It's now searching on the new field, but still not finding features.

Cheers,

Jay

0 Kudos
JayFlorey
New Contributor II

If this were a housing remodel, what I did this afternoon would be "taking it down to the studs". I stopped all of the GeoEvent Processor processes, deleted the GeoEvent Service and the output, and stopped the ArcGIS service. Then I unregistered the feature dataset as versioned, deleted and recreated my feature class. I added one feature with each of the six known TRACK_ID values. Then I rebuilt everything back up. I have one successful update. I will have to wait until July 1 to see if it continues to update, and will post back to here the result. The only problem is that I don't know what fixed the problem, and don't really want to repeat this tedious process every couple of days.

Cheers,

Jay

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Jay -

Please reach out to me off-forum and I will see what I can do to work with you.

Then I unregistered the feature dataset as versioned ...

I think this is the issue. The add / update feature capability being performed by GeoEvent has never supported versioned geodatabases.

Best Regards -

RJ