Unable to View Status/Edit GeoEvent Services

06-04-2018 10:38 AM
Luis_DiegoVargas1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

This end user are unable to view status, inputs/outputs or edit GeoEvent services, they are using 10.5.1. Have you guys seen this before? and solved this issue?

We have tried to reset the configuration and reload it, but it still has this behavior.

Something interesting is that in the manager it indicates that it is running but it is not.

Regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Luis,

I have seen problems like this in the past.  I usually try to restart the GeoEvent Server windows service when this occurs.  If that does not work, try to administratively reset GeoEvent:

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis/geoevent/blog/2018/01/09/howto-administrativ... 

If you still see that behavior,  do a full uninstall and reinstall.  Also, you have adequate memory on the machine right?

I would refer to this article as well:

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis/geoevent/blog/2017/04/18/increase-the-ram-al... 

Hope this helps!

~Alex

0 Kudos
Luis_DiegoVargas1
Esri Contributor

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the information, in fact this issue it's usually solved by restarting the service, but in this case even by restarting the whole server the incoveneinte was maintained.

Tests were performed creating new services, but after a while we have the same situation,

I tried to reset the configuration, but it took 40 minutes and it didn't work. So I did a very similar process, backup the configuration, uninstall GeoEvent (check that the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ServerEvent files are deleted) and delete the zookeeper fodler in C:\arcgisserver\local\zookeeper; restart the server, then install the GeoEvent and load the previous configuration.

However, connectors was not displayed and services could not be edited also the status of services was unavailable (same issue).

The solution was eliminate the current services and create new ones from zero, now is working. We have a case with Esri Support, I hope find a solution or identify the reason of why this situation is present.

Regards.