Spatial Filter "Enter" and "Exit" not working properly?

08-27-2013 06:18 AM
StephanKünster
Occasional Contributor II
Hi all,

I do have a simple polygon representing a geofence and I want to be notified if a person moves into this geofence and leaves it, too. Thus I created an AGOL Hosted FeatureService containing the geofence, an AGOL Hosted Tracking Service which is included in an AGOL web map for using with ArcGIS Collector App. I set up a GeoEvent Service with Tracking Service as Input, a spatial filter ENTER using the given geofence and an Output sending me a notification e-mail.

As soon as a person enters the Geofence an e-mail is sent, but instead of stopping sending e-mails, each time the person moves INSIDE the geofence an e-mail is sent. When this person moves from inside to OUTSIDE the geofence the ENTRY messages stop but no EXIT message is sent.

Who can help me?

Cheers,
Stephan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanElliott
New Contributor III
This sounds like a missing TRACK_ID tag.  Can you open the GeoEvent Definition (in Manager, click "Site", "Geoevent Definitions", then click the little pencil icon next to the name of your GeoEvent Definition).  Is one of the fields tagged with the TRACK_ID tag?  If not, then the GeoEvent Processor will not be able to group GeoEvents by the person who generated them.  Each GeoEvent is considered to be a unique person.  Try adding the TRACK_ID tag to whatever field is used to uniquely identify the person generating the GeoEvent, and save your changes to the GeoEvent Definition.  I believe this will take effect immediately, but you can stop and then start your GeoEvent Service again just to make sure.

-Ryan
0 Kudos
StephanKünster
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Ryan,

I added the TRACK_ID tag to the creator attribute field and now everything works as expected.

Thank you!
0 Kudos