Schema for Configuration file?

08-16-2013 09:09 AM
RyanBerringer
New Contributor
Is there a schema (.xsd) for the configuration xml file that you import into the GEP Configuration Store? If so could someone point me to it? I am writing my own connector and am creating a configuration file based off some of the connectors that have been written thus far....just want to see what other attributes, elements are available.

Thanks,

Ryan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Ryan - Sorry, no, we do not have an XSD which defines the schema for the XML being created when you export a GeoEvent Processor configuration.

There should be no "other" attributes or elements. When GEP exports a configuration, the XML should have everything; if there is no value for a particular property then that tag is supposed to be ouput as an empty tag.

Are you developing a custom adaptor, transport (or both) as well as a custom connector? Are you able to export your developed components as an XML configuration ... and want to verify that your export has all of the properties?

/RJ
0 Kudos
RyanBerringer
New Contributor
Hey RJ,

Thanks for the info. I am creating a custom jdbc transport to insert events into sqlserver. I have patterned the transport after Ryan Elliot's mongoDB transport and noticed he was using a configuration.xml to define which properties were shown, hidden, and advanced. I was curious if there were any other elements or attributes that I may need to use in my configuration.

Thanks,

Ryan
0 Kudos