"Bundle installation rejected by hook" error

11-10-2016 08:47 AM
PedroMadrid
New Contributor

I developed my own processor. When I upload it to the geoevent server I get this error in the logs. Any idea what is going on with the bundle? I basically copied and changed names from a working processor I got from github (GitHub - Esri/solutions-geoevent-java: Custom processors, adapters and transports for geoevent serve... )

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Pedro, 

How did you deploy the processor? Did you move the file into the /deploy folder within the GeoEvent System directories, or did you use GeoEvent Manager to add the file to the system (under Site-Components- Processors-Add a Local Processor)? Would you also be able to include the processor as an attachment for testing? 

-Chris

0 Kudos
PedroMadrid
New Contributor

I deployed it through the Manager web page. But I'm pretty sure I'd get the same result copying it directly to the server. Any email I can use to send you the jar file? I don't want it to be public. If we find a solution, we'll post it here anyway.

0 Kudos
MarkBramer
Occasional Contributor II

In some weird twist of fate, I got this error literally about 4 hours after I read your post and thought "wow, that's a weird one..."

What worked for me is stopping GeoEvent, deleting the .jar from /deploy, deleting the /data folder in the GeoEvent installation location, then restarting, and redeploying.  Deleting /data is a last-resort option for resetting GeoEvent when things really start to go squirrely.  It seems like you're deleting part of the actual GeoEvent install, but you're not - GeoEvent will rebuild the entire /data folder upon restart.  Of course with all things like this, it's best to copy /data to somewhere else (Desktop, C:/temp, anything) before deleting.

0 Kudos