I updated to 10.4 networkfleet adaptor. I followed the step by step pdf and recreated everything including the connector. I went in an updated our running services which used the connector.
The odd thing is that no matter what GeoEvent definition created after importing the .jar, i.e. (NetworkfleetGPS, NetworkfleetDiagnostic, NetworkfleetHealthBuffer, NetworkfleetHistogram, NetworkfleetLastBuffer, NetworkfleetSeatBelt, NetworkfleetSensor, NetworkfleetStatus, NetworkfleetVehicleReg), is used, we only see NetworkfleetGPS. Example is we use NetworkfleetVehicleReg to NetworkfleetVehicleReg and and output to a file as a test, we see NetworkfleetGPS and the mapped fields associated to that definition. Its as if the other definitions aren't configured or all are overwritten by NetworkfleetGPS, or NetworkfleetGPS is the default and is the only definition that can be used.
Any ideas on how to fix this, work around this? This is causing a huge issue because we have a feature service which was working off 10.3 and now it doesn't work with 10.4.
The Network Fleet payload is sent with many different data types attached that correspond to different Field Definitions. Have you taken a look at the following question posed regarding a similar behavior?
If so I apologize for suggesting, but it references a way to ensure that the correct Field Definition is being honored. You can setup a filter to only pass through the correct definition (NetworkfleetVehicleReg in your case) and have it correctly mapped to another definition.
If you have a configuration like this already and it is still failing, would you be able to provide some screenshots of the GeoEvent Service?
Thank you for your help.
I implemented a filter and see now that the adaptor while having many incoming feeds, is not writing output with the filter in place. Makes me wonder if the definition that I am trying to use is working or available. I also ran tests with every definition available. Coming back in the feed are:
GPS many incoming feeds
Diagnostic about 35 feeds for every 200
HealthBuffer about 1 feed for every 750
Histogram about 11 for every 200
Lastbuffer 1 for 500++
Below is the a screenshot of test service I am working with - as you can see- there are many incoming feeds but none that are for what I am filtering on. I've removed the additional filter which is just on a certain id, and had the same results.
My understanding is not all the Networkfleet services are available to customer. I would suggest to check with your Verizon Networkfleet contact to verify this. For example Sensor will need the Networkfleet hardware integration with vehicle sensor. VehicleReg data will only send out on change, e.g. adding or removing vehicle from the fleet. The entire VehicleReg data has to be obtained by other means if you want to use that for, e.g. enriching the GPS data.
Hope this helps,
I'd like to add to Morakot's answer above. You can confirm what type of payload you are receiving by attaching a JSON Output (Write to JSON Output) to the NetworkFleet-Connector. This will output the payload into a structured JSON file that you can examine. The top field will contain the the schema structure of the data from Verizon, and will let you know exactly what types of payloads are being delivered. Also, with knowing the name of this field and the exact payload type, you could re-construct the filter operation in your GeoEvent Service to pass through a more accurate representation of the data you are receiving.