Incident Detector Processor 10.3 GeoEvent Definition

05-01-2015 05:58 AM
LawrenceRover
New Contributor III

In 10.3 the Incident Detector Processor GeoEvent Definition is grayed out. I was able to change the tags and column names before but now cannot. Is there a work around for this?  IncidentDetector.JPG

Thanks,

Larry Rover

GIS Director

RA Consultants

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Larry -

The incident and TrackGap GeoEvent Definitions are owned by their respective core processors - the Incident Detector and Track Gap Detector. While you were able to edit these event definitions prior to 10.3, it is not recommended. Each processor's implementation expects the GeoEvent Definition structure you see immediately following product installation.

You can copy the out-of-the-box event definition and make any changes you need to your copy of the GeoEvent Definition:

Capture.png

Just be sure to direct the GeoEvent output from your Incident Detector or Track Gap Detector through a Field Mapper processor to map the event data to a structure you want to use.

Hope this information helps -

RJ

LawrenceRover
New Contributor III

RJ,

Thanks for the response. I have a custom input we use for vehicle data and the "id" field is named "DeviceId". Previously I would change that one field in the Geoevent Definition and it would work fine.

The reason I am doing this is we have an email alert going out if a column in our data reads "1" as an open condition and "0" to close the condition.  All what I am trying to do is have the "id"/"DeviceId" displayed in the body of the email.

Is there any other out of the box suggestions? I have not used the field mapper before either, how could that help with the above issue?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
LawrenceRover
New Contributor III

RJ,

Additionally, I just tried using  the field mapper to change VehicleId to the name of id, trackId and note. This did not affect what the incident processor output in any way.  Let me know if there is anything that I am missing.

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thanks for helping with the incident detector issue I was having. I was able to get the columns I needed for the incident detector by using the Field Mapper before the incident detector to reroute the data into the columns named in the incident detector's geoevent definition.

Larry Rover, GISP

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
PhilipGlasner1
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I've had similar issues:

I recently upgraded to 10.3.1. I am using GeoEvent Processor with Portal for ArcGIS. My requirement is to update incidents in a hosted feature service. The attribute names of a hosted feature service are all converted to lowercase names, such as alerttype, because of Data Store using PostgreSQL DB. The GeoEvent definition incident uses alertType instead. So I copied the incident definition to a custom definition and altered the attributes name to match with those in the hosted feature service.

So, based on your advice RJ Sunderman​ I tried to use a Field Mapper processor to convert these names and it worked perfectly. Here's the according GeoEvent Service (it's in German though).

geoevent_fieldmapper.png

Thanks for this great question and advice,

Philip & Marko Einspieler

0 Kudos