Getting Non-English Characters to Display in Emails Sent by "Send an Email" Output Connector

05-19-2021 06:20 AM
AbigailStephens
New Contributor III

We have several forms on our ArcGIS Enterprise set up to alert a group of users when a new submission comes in using the GeoEvent "Send an Email" output connector.

For several of these emails, the message format is set as HTML and the body of the email is written out in HTML to allow for an href link and table formatting of attributes collected by the form.

One of these forms collects data from an audience that submits data in non-English/non-Roman Alphabet text. Right now, this text comes through as a series of question marks. From my research, adding a meta tag to the HTML document should help this problem. However, adding the meta tag 

<meta charset="utf-8">

did not make a difference. I suspect this is because the non-English text is coming from the fields (i.e. ${field1}), and is variable in the HTML text.

Is there another way to get non-English characters to display in email outputs? Perhaps another meta tag or a setting in the output connector?

We are running GeoEvent Server 10.7.1 on Linux.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Abigail,

Please log a support case and DM me the case number. I think this is an excellent opportunity to involve some of our GeoEvent analysts.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
AbigailStephens
New Contributor III

@JonEmch

I did what you suggested and started an Esri Support case for this problem earlier today and DM'd you the case number. Thanks for reaching out!