Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoEvents Maxing out ArcServer Connections>?

Jump to solution
07-14-2014 05:36 PM
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II

Have Vehicle and Aerial Resources over TCP -- get about 2-3k events fire and start to see a performance hit on the AGS.

Internal Server Error. Wait time of the request to the service

'WRMS/AVLService.MapServer' has expired.

Ultimately See the Server Coming to it's knees -- feel like I have read all of the docs and tut's confidence is high that in GEP things are configured correctly--am I missing something in AGS>>>??

Any Ideas ??

Ryan Elliott

0 Kudos
26 Replies
BrianLocke

ahhhh I figured this has a token now.

0 Kudos
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

GEP does support SSL connection to ArcGIS Server. Need to set up certificate correctly though.

MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

Yes, I used to set this up in a secured environment. Vaguely remember all the steps though. I recalled importing CA-signed certificate from the server to the GEP machine. I will go through my note and post those steps later.

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

8 Core 16 GB, Talking to our Server admin this should be plenty and just watching process it running things we haven't put a dent in it.

0 Kudos
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

This config looks good. We can rule this out.

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

Yeah I must admit I am getting frustrated, I don't feel like I have even came close to scratching the surface of what GEP can do and it seems to be fighting back.  So, I am curious about the Versioned data being mentioned as not being supported, and I don't exactly need it to be versioned .... as far as I know.  So I have started putting these in there own services and attempting to unregister and we'll start anew from there.  Another thing I was noticing that the Date time is not dead on all the time it is GMT and that is Correct, nut I just have a funny feeling on how I am doing these in C#

We have discussed the spatial indexes to cranking up the max allowable instances and feel like I am not getting anywhere.  I will keep plugging away I bet it's something easy and sill like usual LOL thanks though I will still continue to pick your brain if that's alright though

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

Moved from Versioned to Non Versioned -- works perfect now

0 Kudos