Geoevent streamservice's "keep latest" option won't work

08-22-2016 02:45 AM
MarcinPejski1
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm testing Geoevent for ArcGIS Server 10.4. I published a stream service and broadcasting data through REST. Streaming data in javascript page looks fine, but it won't archive it on Feature Layer. I'm using postgreSQL managed database.

Logs:

StreamContainer    
null java.io.IOException at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.stream.FeatureWriter.queryForServiceMetadata(FeatureWriter.java:131)
[268:com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-stream-container:10.4.1] at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.stream.FeatureWriter.<init>
(FeatureWriter.java:64)[268:com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-stream-container:10.4.1] at
com.esri.arcgis.discovery.stream.FeatureServiceStreamArchiver.<init>(FeatureServiceStreamArchiver.java:58)
[268:com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-stream-container:10.4.1] at
com.esri.arcgis.discovery.stream.StreamService.queueMessage(StreamService.java:379)
com.esri.arcgis.discovery.stream.StreamService.publish(StreamService.java:306)[268:com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-
stream-container:10.4.1] at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.stream.StreamWebSocket.onMessage(StreamWebSocket.java:159)
org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketConnectionRFC6455$WSFrameHandler.onFrame(WebSocketConnectionRFC6455.java:850)
[407:org.eclipse.jetty.websocket:8.1.18.v20150929] at
org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketParserRFC6455.parseNext(WebSocketParserRFC6455.java:349)
org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketConnectionRFC6455.handle(WebSocketConnectionRFC6455.java:225)
org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:696)
[248:org.eclipse.jetty.aggregate.jetty-all-server:8.1.15.v20140411] at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:53)
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_73]

StreamContainer    
Error while trying to "Keep Latest" Feature. Error: null

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Marcin,

Can you provide a little more detail?  Did you publish a feature layer prior to the publishing of your stream service or during the publishing of the stream service.  For example, in the screenshot below did you enter a URL under 'advanced' or just publish.  

Also, when you refer to PostgreSQL managed database are you referring to the ArcGIS Data Store?  

~Alex

0 Kudos
MarcinPejski1
New Contributor

Alex,

I'm using input data from this tutorial (AirTraffic):

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b087b8193b55465cb94d4c451dd541ac 

According to this manual, the feature service is being created when I check the "Keep Latest" checkbox, so I did not put additional layer URL under Advanced options.

I am not really sure about PostgreSQL reference, I configured it using "Create Geodatabase Tool" in ArcMap.

I read about ArcGIS Data Store itself, I haven't installed it and as far as I know it requires to have ArcGIS Portal, which I also didn't install. Is it necessary to have those extensions in order to archive data from Stream Service?

0 Kudos
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Marcin,

That clarifies things.  

Exactly, your feature service is created automatically when you checked "Keep Latest"; I wanted to understand if you were referencing another feature layer that you created prior or not.  You have your own enterprise database if you utilized "Create Enterprise Geodatabase" tool.  In this case, you do not need ArcGIS Data Store.

Also, you do not need Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Data Store to have feature service archiving from a Stream Service (especially for tutorials/testing).  However, we typically recommend larger scaled configurations of ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, and Spatiotemporal Big Data Store for Production utilization of GeoEvent.  

I would go into ArcGIS Server Manager and delete your stream services/feature services and go back a few steps.

Try again and let me know if you experience the same issue.

Alex

0 Kudos