GeoEvent Server 10.7.1 Site GeoEvent Definitions Missing

03-15-2021 08:40 PM
RussellEgypt
New Contributor II

Good Day Community

I experienced my GeoEvent Server not functioning properly. I encountered all my GeoEvent Definitions being missing then some appear, then they go missing again - Ultimately giving me the error "Unable to retrieve Event Definitions". On further investigating the problem the GeoEvent Server Log has the following Error (displayed over and over):

Logger

org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl

Background retry gave up org.apache.curator.CuratorConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.performBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:912) [224:curator-framework:3.1.0] at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.backgroundOperationsLoop(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:883) [224:curator-framework:3.1.0] at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.access$300(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:69) [224:curator-framework:3.1.0] at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl$4.call(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:310) [224:curator-framework:3.1.0] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?] 

The ArcGIS GeoEvent GateWay Service also continues to stop by itself. The Server Manager providing the following Event Information:

Source  - Microsoft-Windows-Service Control Manager

The ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 9 times.

Also looking at the GeoEvent GateWay logs it seems that there are corrupted index files. Attached the gateway.log & ArcGISGeoEventGateway files.

System Setup

Running VMware - One VM hosting the ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 & ArcGIS GeoEvent Server

on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and have an ArcGIS Enterprise Base Installation on another Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard VM. The current setup is not an operational system, used for test & evaluation, with the idea of demonstrating the functionality/concepts of the ArcGIS Enterprise System within a Research & Development Environment. The ArcGIS Server/GeoEvent Server not federated with our portal. The Portal is functioning properly.

I've read various posts on index corrupted files within the portal. I've got 50GB of free space on the GeoEvent Server. As I've indicated it's not an operational system but planning to increase the GeoEvent Server to 300GB. We've experienced power failures before this happened, but our UPS, start's up to shut down the VM's?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank You

Russell 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Russell!

Thank you for reaching out, sorry to hear about your troubles with GeoEvent losing its definitions. Did you happen to take a backup of the configuration?? If so, you should be able to run through an administrative restore which will wipe GeoEvent to its base state and reimport it. 

Admin Restore: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-geoevent-server-blog/howto-administratively-reset-geoevent-serv...

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
RussellEgypt
New Contributor II

Hi JonEmch

Apologies for the delay in response. Firstly Thank You for your response. No unfortunately I had no backup, only used for testing purposes. I've subsequently re-installed GeoEvent Server to get it back up and running. But I'll remember to make a backup this time.

Regards

Russell

0 Kudos