GeoEvent Processor Service Designer did not install

01-29-2014 12:49 PM
DebraVian
New Contributor III
Other components of the GEP are installed.  However, the GeoEvent Processor Service Designer did not install automatically.  Where may we find the exe to install it?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II
If you have installed version 10.2.1, the designer is now integrated into the GeoEvent Services page.   Go to that page and click on a service.  The designer will start.
DG
0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Oops - Dennis got a response posted while I was writing mine.
Thanks Dennis!

Hello Debra  -

Can you please confirm the version of GeoEvent Processor you are installing?  With the 10.2.1 product release the Service Designer was retired and the functionality for designing and publishing GeoEvent Services was incorporated into the GeoEvent Processor Manager.

We are working on updating the "Intro to GeoEvent Processor" tutorial to reflect the changes to the product. We will be posting the updates to the product gallery as soon as possible.

Thanks -
RJ
0 Kudos
DebraVian
New Contributor III
Thank you.  Yes, we installed v 10.2.1.  I see the graphic interface for the service designer once I click Add Service on the GEP manager services page.

One other important question:  I am trying to get through the whole introduction document.  Now I am ready to configure the GeoEvent simulator.  At step 18, the instructions say to "Load the �?�\IntroToGEP\simulation_files\Flight.csv simulation file into the GeoEvent Simulator."  This csv file does not exist on the server.  It was not installed when we installed 10.2.1. 

Where may I get the csv file?  Could this be a symptom of something larger?  May we possibly be missing other components of the GEP?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
The simulation files such as Flight.csv should have been included in the ZIP file with the PDF of the Introduction to GeoEvent Processor you download from the Product" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=265c334a47994dcc95e1... Gallery ... they are not part of the product installation on the server.

Please make sure that you have the following to support your walk through of the tutorial exercises.
  • configurations/AVLConfig.xml
  • configurations/FieldMapping_Config.xml
  • configurations/Geotagging_Config.xml
  • configurations/IncidentDetection_Config.xml
  • configurations/WorkingWithFeatures_Config.xml
  • data/WorkingWithFeatures/Flights.mpk
  • data/WorkingWithFilters/polygon.txt
  • data/WorkingWithFilters/Storms.mpk
  • data/WorkingWithProcessors/flightPilotInformation.csv
  • data/WorkingWithProcessors/IncidentDetection.mpk
  • data/WorkingWithProcessors/Pilots.mpk
  • simulation_files/AVLSample.csv