GeoEvent Processor Manager 10.2.1 does not work with Internet Explorer 8

01-16-2014 06:54 AM
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II
Opening GeoEvent Manager 10.2.1 Manager in IE8 yields a blank page.  It works in Chrome, Firefox., and IE11.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:44:17 UTC

Line: 15
Char: 14189
Code: 0
URI: https://localhost:6143/geoevent/manager/js/dojo/dojo/dojo.js

Line: 15
Char: 3205
Code: 0
URI: https://localhost:6143/geoevent/manager/js/dojo/dojo/dojo.js
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Hey Dennis -

There are known issues when using IE8 to launch the GeoEvent Processor Manager.  If I remember correctly, these centered around registering Data Stores with the 10.2.0 product release.

I will see what I can do to evaluate 10.2.1 Manager behavior under IE8. It's possible, given the diagnostics you provided, that there is something relatively easy we can identify for the 10.2.2 product to better support the older browser. But please know that Esri Support recommends users upgrade to either IE9 or IE10 when running Server Manager. GeoEvent Processor is using the same technology for our Manager, so we are going to have to make the same recommendation. Please refer to the on-line help System" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.2/... Requirements for Server for additional information.

ArcGIS Server Manager supported browsers

• Firefox 10 or higher

• Google Chrome 10 or higher

• Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, and 10

It is recommended that you use Manager in either a Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer 9 or 10 browser for the best possible experience. Using Internet Explorer 7 and 8 may result in a lower-quality display of Manager.
0 Kudos
KerryRobinson
Esri Contributor
Hi RJ-

My customer is experiencing the same issue, using IE8.  Have you had any luck looking into this?

Thanks,
Kerry
0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Kerry -

Unfortunately, rework to the Manager to support the IE8 browser could not be completed for the 10.2.2 stability release. The development team has incorporated changes supporting the older browser into our daily builds of the 10.3 product, but please be aware that while all of the Manger's pages are rendering for us with these changes, the controls and page layout is not optimal. The results so far are impacting the Manager's functionality.

Do your users have an option to use Chrome or Firefox on their systems? Keep in mind that if the Server itself has restrictions on what can be installed, it might be possible to manage the Server from a client machine onto which a later browser release can be installed.

Hope this information helps -
RJ
0 Kudos