GeoEvent Different Type Than Schema of Destination Stream Service

10-29-2018 06:19 AM
EllenLester1
New Contributor III

I am trying to pass data from the Poll an External Website for XML input to a stream service but receive the following error: "The GeoEvent received from the GeoEvent Service (GPSDef) is a different type than the schema of the destination Stream Service (stream-out)"

The stream service schema was published from the definition created automatically by the input (and it is not set to learning mode). So why does it think they're different? I tried this with and without field mapping, but get the error either way. I also tried passing the same data to a feature service and it worked, so I know the input is coming in alright. 

We are using GeoEvent 10.6.1

Tags (1)
14 Replies
EllenLester1
New Contributor III

Cassidy, No, we were never able to get this working, even after troubleshooting with ESRI Technical Support for quite awhile. We hoped that upgrading from 10.6.1 to 10.7 would resolve the issue, but unfortunately we're still seeing the same behavior.

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.  I just upgraded to 10.7.1 and I am unable to get my Verizon Networkfleet to work after the upgrade.  Everything seems to be working on the Monitor page.  All of the counts are increasing like they should but nothing shows up in the output streams. 

0 Kudos
EllenLester1
New Contributor III

Yes, that's similar to what we're seeing. Also, when we go to the stream service on the REST endpoint and try to "subscribe" it says "You have unsubscribed". Just curious- what version of GeoEvent were you using when the stream services worked?

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

I was running 10.5.1 prior to the upgrade.  I had major stability/reliability issues at 10.5.1 but everything streamed and ran smoothly.  I had to do a sequential shut down and restart of the services at least once every other week to prevent the memory from running at 100%.  Geoevent has been frustrating from the beginning to say the least.

0 Kudos
EllenLester1
New Contributor III

Yes, I can definitely agree with that! At this point we've stopped using GeoEvent, because of all the issues. We just don't have time to continue troubleshooting them. If you're able to figure out how to fix the stream services, please let me know! 

0 Kudos