Geoevent 10.6.1 installation with BigDataStore configuration.

Jump to solution
11-05-2018 12:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guru,

I encountered an issue while setup the geoevent server with bigdatastore. Both installed in different server, using the domain user accounts. All installation, configurations are gone through smoothly but only one issue is that I cannot see an option to create a big data store and no connection in drop down.

When I look at and validate datastore, the portal is as default connection as well.

When I try to validate through arcgis manager datastore validation, these are valid as well.

But just only one thing I found out is a bunch of log info geoevent, I don't  understand what does this mean.

Can you guy guide me where went wrong, I have attached the log file as well.

Thank in advance,

Best Regards,

Than Htet Aung

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

Have figured out that hosting server dropdown need to re-select arcgis server and save in portal setting page.

As there are two settings to configured in servers tag in portal setting page.

It seems, it must be connected all together first.

And additionally, I did replace all ca cert by using replace ssl cert command in all data stored servers.

Best Regards,

Than

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hey,

is there any error in the karaf.log (*.1 etc.)?

That is where i would expect the appropriate error message.

Best,

Stefan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

These are all file apart from readme.txt in \Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\data\log folder.

However I found additional error log from bigdatastore server.

I have attached these as well.

Best Regards,

Than

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi,

this is very strange. There should always be a karaf.log in the given folder. 

Are you able to view the logs @ https://machinename:6143/geoevent/manager/log.html ?

Best,

Stefan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Stefan,

I just figured out why you are keeping on asking me that file.

It is missing in that zip file, it is dropped out when I zip from the server directly.

I just copy files and upload the zip file again

Best Regards,

Than

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just found out that hosting server dropdown need to re-select arcgis server and save in portal setting page.

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Than,

i saw a lot of RabbitMQ and Zookeeper Error Messages in your logfile. There are also some connection refused messages to ArcGIS Server and Portal.

Did you figured it out and is the BDS now working?

You sould also be aware of the other error messages. Maybe clean the logfiles and restart the GeoEvent, to see which errors still occur. It is also sometimes good to shut down the GeoEvent, delete the content of the data folder and start the GeoEvent Service again. Everything within the data folder will be recreated on startup.

Best,

Stefan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

Have figured out that hosting server dropdown need to re-select arcgis server and save in portal setting page.

As there are two settings to configured in servers tag in portal setting page.

It seems, it must be connected all together first.

And additionally, I did replace all ca cert by using replace ssl cert command in all data stored servers.

Best Regards,

Than