GeoEvent 10.5.1 stuck at "Please wait while the field is edited..."

Jump to solution
10-11-2017 11:33 AM
VladimirStrinski
New Contributor II

I am trying to update an attribute and assign a tag to it (in this case TRACK_ID). As soon as I click Save I get the screen "Please wait while the field is edited..." and it has been stuck on it for over half an hour.

Tried different browsers but there was no difference.

What am I missing?

There are times when this just works in seconds, and sometimes I hit this. This is at least the 3rd time it happens - the previous times I ended up completely deleting all input and output adapters and all definitions and ended up rebooting the server, but this should not be the solution...

Screen with "Please wait while the field is edited..." message

19 Replies
JulieK
by
Occasional Contributor

aah I see what you are saying. Let me try it again, thanks for your response !!

0 Kudos
JulieK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello RJ,

I used the field mapper to map the auto generated definition to newly created definition with flattened structure. I get count for input , output and the Geoevent service but for some reason when I subscribe, I see nothing in it. I clicked JSON and I see the below error.

{  "error": {   "code": 400,   "message": "Output format not supported.",   "details": []  } }

This is consuming the FLightaware api using a key
http://flightxml.flightaware.com/json/FlightXML2/SearchBirdseyeInFlight

Any thoughts?
Thanks for looking into it.
0 Kudos
VladimirStrinski
New Contributor II

I just did another test - I manually created a nested definition and everything worked.

However with auto-generated ones the issue reappears.

0 Kudos
VladimirStrinski
New Contributor II

Another update - as soon as any field is auto-discovered I hit the issue.

I can tell if I will have the issue when I go to the nested attribute details - e.g. the URL would be like "https://geoevent.host.local:6143/geoevent/manager/attributefield.html?guid=394aa517-f7e8-412a-9c8a-9...".

If that page displays all sub-attribute then everything works fine. In the cases when I hit the issue that page displays a blank list of sub-attributes.

In my test I manually created a definition with sub-attributes and everything worked fine until I activated "learning mode" in the input service and it added a few more sub-attributes. 

I also see a few error messages in the log that look like:

com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializerAn unexpected error occurred while attempting to serialize the GeoEvent to a Byte Array. Error: Index: 80, Size: 19.

preceeded by:

com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializerIndex: 80, Size: 19 java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 80, Size: 19 at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)[:1.8.0_121] at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)[:1.8.0_121] at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.util.MapReferenceResolver.getReadObject(MapReferenceResolver.java:60)[389:com.esotericsoftware.kryo:3.0.3] at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readReferenceOrNull(Kryo.java:834)[389:com.esotericsoftware.kryo:3.0.3] at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readObjectOrNull(Kryo.java:728)[389:com.esotericsoftware.kryo:3.0.3] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.readField(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:182)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.read(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:159)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.readFieldGroup(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:213)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.readField(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:201)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.read(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:159)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.read(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:106)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.read(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:34)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readObject(Kryo.java:708)[389:com.esotericsoftware.kryo:3.0.3] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventImplSerializer.fromBytes(GeoEventImplSerializer.java:65)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.amqp.AmqpMessagingFactory$AmqpGeoEventConsumer.receive(AmqpMessagingFactory.java:292)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.MessagingImpl$ConsumerThread.run(MessagingImpl.java:193)[112:com.esri.ges.framework.messaging.jms-messaging:10.5.1]

I am not sure if those are related, but they happen when I activate the "learning mode". I suppose as part of the "learning" mode might be okay to guess wrong and thus cause those.

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
VladimirStrinski
New Contributor II

Once it gets messed up it has other consequences too - even though the definition claims to have a TRACK_ID field it later claims that such doesn't exist:

TRAC_ID does exist:

TRACK_ID does exist

and when yet trying to create a stream output it claims it doesn't have it:

Cannot find TRACK_ID

I am not sure what did I change or did to make this issue reappear. Somehow the previous few times all of this worked fine and then it stopped.

Regards,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Vladimir Strinski

The illustration you included in your post from 11-Oct-2017 is part of an unrelated issue introduced in the 10.6 release. GeoEvent Definitions which were not suitable for use when publishing a 'Store Latest' feature service (or any feature service GeoEvent Server would use to add/update features) was triggering a sticky validation message -- by which I mean even if you selected a different GeoEvent Definition, one that was suitable and had a field tagged TRACK_ID, the GeoEvent Manager web application's panel still displayed the error message that GeoEvent Definition <name> is missing a TRACK_ID tag. Esri Support was tracking this as issue BUG-000113943 ... which we've also addressed as part of the 10.6.1 product release.

- RJ

VladimirStrinski
New Contributor II

Is there a limit on the number of sub-attributes?

I may have hit the same issue after I added the 15th sub-attribute.

0 Kudos
VladimirStrinski
New Contributor II

Confirmed:

Up until 14 sub-attributes it works fine.

As soon as I add the 15th sub-attribute it starts misbehaving.

I've been able to reproduce this 4 times so far (the first two accidentally)

Is there a separate process for submitting bugs? Or will this thread suffice? And any updates with an estimate for the bugfix would be more than welcome.

Regards,

Vladimir

ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

I'll loop in RJ Sunderman to see if we can get the ball rolling. Since both you and I can reproduce the error we might have a few options. 

RJ what do you think?

Replied above 13-Oct-2017  -- RJ

- Chris

0 Kudos
VladimirStrinski
New Contributor II

Some more details and observations -

Using latest Chrome I hit the issue almost all the time and can't edit definitions with sub-attributes.

Using IE11 it works fine until I hit 15 sub-attributes.

Using latest FireFox it failed me today at the 12th attribute.

This has become a major pain, exaggerated by an upcoming conference where we need to show GeoEvent Server and do demos and teach customers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos