Filtering various geofences with regex in GeoTagger (GeoEvent)

Jump to solution
05-20-2022 11:23 AM
AlanDiaz
New Contributor II

Hi everybody:

I got an issue, i would like to use in GeoEvent, the processor GeoTagger, but in the geofence(s) I would like to use 3 geofences from 4 available.  

this is the tooltip in the field geofences. Maybe isn´t supported all regex.

descripcion geotagger.PNG

I have mark with red the field where the regex it goes.

With the example below, doesn't work. 

regex_geotagger_example.png

Have any suggestion?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlanDiaz
New Contributor II

My understanding is that you cannot do what I am trying to do, the scope of regular expressions in that field are limited to the use of "*" or another character, not a complex expression.
So in my case, I changed the logic, and I had to use a field calculator and a field enricher.

GeoEvent version: 10.8.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlanDiaz
New Contributor II

My understanding is that you cannot do what I am trying to do, the scope of regular expressions in that field are limited to the use of "*" or another character, not a complex expression.
So in my case, I changed the logic, and I had to use a field calculator and a field enricher.

GeoEvent version: 10.8.1

0 Kudos
GarrettMelvin
New Contributor III

I have been able to include multiple geofence categories in the same geotagger processor.  Try to group your geofence category descriptions before the / and use an OR character in-between each category.  Format like "Category1|Category2|Category3/.*"  I believe based on your category names it would be:

Critica|Control|Red Vial/.*

I am not certain if the space in Red Vial will have any impact.  Hope this helps.  

AlanDiaz
New Contributor II

Thanks.

I will try this option.

0 Kudos