Event Joiner not creating new GeoEvent Definition?

Jump to solution
05-12-2021 08:51 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I am attempting to use the Event Joiner processor for the first time. I have specified my two input GeoEvent Definitions and the two fields to perform the join on. I have added a name for the new GeoEvent Definition that is created to reflect the joined data. When I go to add the Field Mapper processor after my Event Joiner processor, I can not find the new GeoEvent definition in my list of options. 

Is there a really obvious step I am missing here? 

Thank you,

Erica
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Erica, 

I believe that the GeoEvent Definition gets created when the first GeoEvent hits the Event Joiner processor. That being the case, I suspect you may have to first add an output to the service, publish it, and start the input until you see some events coming through. At that point, you can stop the service, and the GeoEvent Definition should be available from the dropdown menu.

Please give this a shot, and let me know if anything changes.

Thanks,

Calvin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Erica, 

I believe that the GeoEvent Definition gets created when the first GeoEvent hits the Event Joiner processor. That being the case, I suspect you may have to first add an output to the service, publish it, and start the input until you see some events coming through. At that point, you can stop the service, and the GeoEvent Definition should be available from the dropdown menu.

Please give this a shot, and let me know if anything changes.

Thanks,

Calvin

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Thank you for that tip. Once I started the service and submitted some test data, it created the definition for me. I appreciate your help!

Erica
0 Kudos