EDN licensing for Geoevent Processor

07-03-2014 11:44 AM
JimSomerville1
New Contributor II
Is Geoevent Processor and its SDK available for development use with an EDN license?  Thanks.

- Jim Somerville
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JamesStewart2
New Contributor II

I have it installed and it shows as running in the services listing, but I can't get to the manager so I'm not sure if the EDN license allows it or if I just have some goofy settings I don't know about that need to be changed. It's a little frustrating. I'm hoping somebody with some experience with this will reply to your post, but I'm not hopeful.

RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

James -

My apologies that no one has gotten back with you in response to your questions.

If you are able to install the GeoEvent Extension, but cannot load the GeoEvent Manger web application when browsing to https://localhost:6143/geoevent/manager and want to check product licensing, there is a run-checklicense.bat script in the ...\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\bin folder.

Edit the script so that it appears as follows (new lines frequently do not register for me correctly in the installed file):

echo off
set output=
set JAVA_EXE=C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\jre\bin\java

FOR /F "delims=" %%i IN ('"%JAVA_EXE%" -cp .\PostInstaller.jar com.esri.geoevent.license.LicenseStatusCheck') DO set output=%%i

if [%output%] == [] GOTO NOT_LICENSED
echo License is valid
exit /b 1

:NOT_LICENSED

echo License not valid
exit /b 0

The script should run the java.exe located in the JRE bundled with your ArcGIS Server installation, loading the specified *.jar file and executing the specified LicenseStatusCheck to verify your GeoEvent Extension has been correctly licensed.

Hope this information helps -

RJ

JimSomerville1
New Contributor II

Just realized this was still up here.  At least for 10.3, the extension is available with EDN.

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Jim -

The various extensions for ArcGIS Server are not available with a 'Basic' EDN subscription, but several, including the ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server, are available with a 'Standard' subscription. All of the ArcGIS Server extensions are available with an 'Advanced' EDN subscription.

- RJ

0 Kudos
JamesStewart2
New Contributor II

I wasn’t thinking different levels of EDN licensing. My EDN membership is paid for by my company. I went to the My Esri site and looked at the EDN tab under My Organizations, but I don’t see anything that would indicate what level of membership I have. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Jim Stewart

GIS/SDE •͡• ͜ʖ••

Volt Worksource Solutions at Avista Corporation

1411 E. Mission Avenue (MSC-28)

Spokane, WA 99220

jim.stewart@avistacorp.com<mailto:jim.stewart@avistacorp.com>

Office - 509.495.2630

Cellular – 206.250.1190

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry Jim - I don't have much experience working with EDN licenses, so I'm not able to advise you on how to determine what level of EDN licensing Avista has acquired. I'm going to pass this inquiry along with your contact information to Esri Customer Service. Someone should get back with you shortly.

- RJ

0 Kudos
JamesStewart2
New Contributor II

Thank you for responding. I ran the run-checklicense.bat file as you recommended in a subsequent post and got a confirmation back indicating that my license was valid, however, nothing was written to the karaf log file indicating that, which is required. I went searching through all the scripts in that folder to see which one did. Couldn’t find anything. I’m wondering if there’s something in the PostInstaller.jar file that is supposed to do that. At any rate, that’s not happening, so the GeoEvent manager won’t load for me.

Jim Stewart

GIS/SDE •͡• ͜ʖ••

Volt Worksource Solutions at Avista Corporation

1411 E. Mission Avenue (MSC-28)

Spokane, WA 99220

jim.stewart@avistacorp.com<mailto:jim.stewart@avistacorp.com>

Office - 509.495.2630

Cellular – 206.250.1190

MarkEiseman
New Contributor

Has this been resolved for anyone?  I am experiencing the same issue with installing GeoEvent 10.2.1 with an EDN license.  I have followed all of the previous scripting and troubleshooting advice.  I cannot find the reference to the validity of the license anywhere on the server.

0 Kudos
JamesStewart2
New Contributor II

In my case, the problem was McAfee running while trying to install GeoEvent. It kept getting in the way and wouldn't allow a complete installation even though the installation dialog reported success. Once we figured that out, we got Security to temporarily shut off McAfee on the target machine until installation was complete. Then everything was fine.

0 Kudos