Can't See Alerts when Passed through Incident Processor

08-19-2014 07:20 PM
NicholasLaMar
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have some coordinate information that I'm getting from a .csv file every 5 minutes. I would like to set-up a GeoEvent Auto Arrival / Departure Alert that updates a point feature on a map with a notification symbol when our workers arrive / leave a site (geofence). I can successfully pass the .csv information directly to my Alert point feature. The problem occurs when I try and apply a process to the .csv file. Specifically when I apply an incident detector to the incoming .csv. I set up the incident detector to look for features when they enter the geofenced area and I apply a field mapper process to make sure that I'm aligning my fields, but nothing happens. I've been through the Route Monitor tutorial several times and deconstructed the route-update-vehicle GeoEvent that is part of the tutorial. I believe I'm very close to solving my problem, but I just can't figure out where the error is?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

Nicholas LaMar wrote:

The problem occurs when I try and apply a process to the .csv file. Specifically when I apply an incident detector to the incoming .csv. I set up the incident detector to look for features when they enter the geofenced area and I apply a field mapper process to make sure that I'm aligning my fields, but nothing happens.

Hi Nicholas,

What are your logs saying? Any errors or warnings?

--Adam

0 Kudos
NicholasLaMar
New Contributor III

Hi Adam,

I've gone through the log files, but I have a hard time understanding what they mean (I'm fairly new to GEP). I *think* I may have solved the issue, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I've added a closing condition statement to the incident detector and that seems to work. Even though everything I've read says that a closing condtion is "optoinal", it seems to be the only way I can get it to function. I've also reached out to ESRI support to see what they think.

Thanks for the reply. I have a feeling this isn't over.

Ryan

0 Kudos