Can I publish stream service to arcgis online?

Jump to solution
01-28-2020 11:15 AM
SowjanyaSunkara
New Contributor II

I have a stream service published from GeoEvent Server ( 10.7)  to our Portal. Is there a way to publish the service to an Enterprise AGOL account other than adding it as an item in AGO?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Sowjanya Sunkara‌,

if you publish a Stream Layer to your ArcGIS Enterprise you also just add a item to your ArcGIS Enterprise Portal. 

The Stream Layer itself will be hosted on the ArcGIS Server part of the GeoEvent Server with a underlying WebSocket that is hosted on the GeoEvent Server.

So I would say right now it is not possible to publish a Stream Layer in ArcGIS Online.

ArcGIS Analytics for IoT will bring real-time capability to ArcGIS Online, so let's see what will be possible in the future.

Best Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Sowjanya Sunkara‌,

if you publish a Stream Layer to your ArcGIS Enterprise you also just add a item to your ArcGIS Enterprise Portal. 

The Stream Layer itself will be hosted on the ArcGIS Server part of the GeoEvent Server with a underlying WebSocket that is hosted on the GeoEvent Server.

So I would say right now it is not possible to publish a Stream Layer in ArcGIS Online.

ArcGIS Analytics for IoT will bring real-time capability to ArcGIS Online, so let's see what will be possible in the future.

Best Stefan

SowjanyaSunkara
New Contributor II

Stefan P. Jung‌ Thanks for clarifying. I can still add the stream layer ( hosted on the ArcGIS Sever) as an item to ArcGIS Online and should be able to see content?

0 Kudos