Best Practices for GeoEvent configuration to receive 1 million requests every 10 minutes

05-15-2022 12:49 AM
YObaidat
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a project where I need to receive 1 million requests coming from field devices and then save them on feature layer. What the best way to implement this in GeoEvent to handle this number of requests. And where to store the incoming points ? is it best practice to store them on a feature class or there is another way to store them? because each hour 6 million features will be saved on the feature class .

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi @YObaidat ,

I guess the spatiotemporal big data store might be a good solution for storing the features. 

Spatiotemporal big data stores—GeoEvent Server | Dokumentation zu ArcGIS Enterprise

The throughput of 16k or 100k events per second is a lot. I currently don't know what the GeoEvent can handle. This might vary on the type of the input connector and if you have just one ore more than one node handling the requests. Have you already tested the throughput?

Best,

Stefan

YObaidat
New Contributor III

@YObaidat wrote:

Hi,

I have a project where I need to receive 1 million requests coming from field devices and then save them on feature layer. What the best way to implement this in GeoEvent to handle this number of requests. And where to store the incoming points ? is it best practice to store them on a feature class or there is another way to store them? because each hour 6 million features will be saved on the feature class .

Thanks Stefan for your reply. Still need to test the case. I have in mind that I need solid infrastructure for that. 

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

I send a lot of traffic to geoEvent via Rest but nothing close to 100K per second.   I would think you would be better off with a Velocity solution utilizing gRPC instead of rest for something like this--  

See this post -- 
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-velocity-blog/arcgis-velocity-extending-real-time-data-ingestio...

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Velocity might be a solution if using ArcGIS Online.  

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, and you may have to to get that volume if data processed.   

0 Kudos