Authorize ArcGIS GeoBIM to connect to Autodesk BIM360

Jump to solution
12-08-2021 04:01 AM
Maxine_Jonckheere
New Contributor II

Hello,

We are very eager to get started with GeoBIM, as some of our contacts are.

We both have the same problem however, we cannot add an Autodesk BIM account in GeoBIM as we are not authorised, see the error message below. We are administrator in BIM360.

I guess it's a simple setting in BIM360 we need to change, could you tell us how @Anonymous User ?

Thanks a lot!

Maxine_Jonckheere_0-1638964509784.png

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Maxine, based on our conversations, it seems like this problem was tied to setting up the first BIM project with correct licensing and folder permissions so that you are able to see these projects in ArcGIS GeoBIM. For future reference, there is Autodesk documentation covering how to set up BIM projects within their cloud services found here for Account and Project Administrators to review that could help with this future setup:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
StephenBrockwell
Esri Contributor

Hello Maxine, the setup instructions can be found here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/geobim/latest/get-started/set-up-arcgis-geobim.htm. We link to the Autodesk documentation that shows how an Account Administrator on ACC or BIM360 can grant access to the GeoBIM app (https://forge.autodesk.com/en/docs/bim360/v1/tutorials/getting-started/manage-access-to-docs/#scenar...). 

If you have already performed this setup and still have this issue, please let us know. 

Maxine_Jonckheere
New Contributor II

Hi Stephen, Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I cannot find these settings anywhere that are mentioned in the Autodesk link. The settings tab is missing, please see attached printscreen. Am I missing something or using an old version? 

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
StephenBrockwell
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately, you are signed in with Project Admin privileges. You have to have Account Admin privileges to do this. 

If you have Account Admin privileges, the Account Admin tool would appear on the drop down menu where you currently have Project Admin showing. 

StephenBrockwell_0-1639494914083.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Maxine_Jonckheere - I will be emailing you on this issue since I can see the BIM project you are trying to access. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Maxine_Jonckheere, I wanted to follow up and see if the solution Stephen mentioned fixed the issue you were experiencing. Are you able to add your Autodesk Account now? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Maxine, based on our conversations, it seems like this problem was tied to setting up the first BIM project with correct licensing and folder permissions so that you are able to see these projects in ArcGIS GeoBIM. For future reference, there is Autodesk documentation covering how to set up BIM projects within their cloud services found here for Account and Project Administrators to review that could help with this future setup:

0 Kudos
ChuckPietra
New Contributor

Anthony

I have two accounts for Autodesk Docs    In GeoBIM when I go to add an account I only see one ( the wrong one )   Any idea what is going wrong ?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ChuckPietra , do you know if the ArcGIS GeoBIM integration has been enabled on both of those Autodesk Docs accounts? Since these are two separate instances of the overall organizations that will be managing multiple sets of projects within each, the orgs need to have the app integration enabled on each. For example, we have a BIM 360 account and an Autodesk Construction Cloud account; each of these need to have the GeoBIM app enabled like in the screenshot below. Note: this also needs to be done for any other of our ArcGIS integrations too like the ArcGIS Pro or Site Scan integrations to Autodesk.

AnthonyRenteria_0-1651517851833.png