SpatioTemporal DataStore RAM

09-06-2016 06:16 AM
Juan_ManuelAngel_Cuartas
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, i have one question.

When i install SpatioTemporal DataStore my machine consume the 90% of the ram? i want to know if is a bug or if i set wrong the configuration, thanks for your help.

2 Replies
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Juan, 

How much RAM is currently installed on your machine? Also, prior to installing the Spatiotemporal Big Data Store, how much RAM was being consumed by other programs? There are many other variables that can have an effect on RAM consumption when using the ArcGIS Server, GeoEvent Extension or the ArcGIS Data Store products. 

When all other variables are corrected for, a fresh installation of the ArcGIS Data Store product does not consume more than a few GB of RAM on the system. This value can increase depending on how much data is being written to database as well as other allocations of system resources. 

Are you still experiencing this behavior? 

-Chris

0 Kudos
BradLingenfelder1
New Contributor

Juan,

You may want to look into increasing the server heap size in both ArcGIS Server and GeoEvent Manager.  Doing this made a big difference when setting up our instance of GeoEvent and Big Data Store.  The below articles should help point you in the right direction.

Error: Error performing query operation 

Error: An unexpected error has occurred while maintaining the GeoFence Synchronization. Error: Java ... 

Hope this helps.

-Brad

0 Kudos