Removing feature types from the Collect Features - Select Feature Types page

10-22-2015 04:18 AM
JohnFannon
Occasional Contributor III

Hi

I have a layer from a mobile cache within the project which is symbolised by unique values (eg. work orders based on status). This works fine for visual display on the map, but because the layer is symbolised on unique values, ArcGIS Mobile is presenting all of the various statuses as feature types on the "Collect Features" - "Select Feature Types" page.

This is going to be confusing for the end user (see below), but I can't find a way to change this with configuration, my source mxd only has one feature template set, and AGM is overriding that.

I am writing some other customisations, so was wondering whether I can write an extension that will remove the extra feature types from the list that is presented on the "Select Feature Types" page.

Does anyone have any experience doing similar? Is it possible? Or is there a better work around?

Regards

John

AGM-SelectFeatureTypes.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PramodHarithsa1
Occasional Contributor II

We faced this issue with Search functionality, This becomes even worse when the values are grouped, It displays each value within the group separately and shows them with the same label name making them appear like duplicates.

duplicates.jpg

When we raised this with ESRI UK they suggested us to normalise and keep the list to minimal.

We tried and brought them down to minimal number and provided layer name in the Label to make them more meaningful (They are still a mess but they are relatively more helpful/meaningful now)

0 Kudos