Mobile upload(synchronization) error

Jump to solution
03-31-2013 03:56 PM
Prabhakara_RaoSamsetti
New Contributor
I have an issue with uploading the edits from mobile device to server. It was throwing request exception error. Error code is SaveEditsFatalError. Editing layers are registered as version and assigned global id.  Any one faced same issue? Please let me know what could be the root cause for this issue and how I can resole the issue.

ArcGIS Mobile version  10.0.0.2475.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Prabhakara_RaoSamsetti
New Contributor
Hi

Thanks all for your valuable time and suggestions.

We have resloved issue by alter the  user quota on users,<schema>_data & <schema>_index to unlimited. Below see the below sql statements executed..

??? alter user <user> quota unlimited on users;
??? alter user <user> quota unlimited on <schema>_data;
??? alter user <user> quota unlimited on <schema>_index;

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KierenTinning1
New Contributor II
Could be a couple of issues

a) do you have a feature linked annotation attached to the feature class?

b) has anything changed in the feature classes which could have affected the checksum?
0 Kudos
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
Just to add to entombedtrader, I normally create the featureclasses and MXD, then the service and then I never touch the featureclasses and MXD ever again. The service can be started, stopped without problems, I can't remember if you can delete the service and recreate and still be able to synchronize without problems.

But yes the checksum is related to the featureclass and making sure it is not altered after you create is crucial for the synchronization process.
0 Kudos
Prabhakara_RaoSamsetti
New Contributor
Hi

Thanks all for your valuable time and suggestions.

We have resloved issue by alter the  user quota on users,<schema>_data & <schema>_index to unlimited. Below see the below sql statements executed..

??? alter user <user> quota unlimited on users;
??? alter user <user> quota unlimited on <schema>_data;
??? alter user <user> quota unlimited on <schema>_index;
0 Kudos
NicolasBiboba
New Contributor
Hello,

I have also a mobile upload error but it is a different one : "Fatal error from the server".
The download is working but not the upload.

When I check on the server's journal, I have the following message : "MobileSync: Post Features Failure" concerning the following method :"MobileSync.UploadFeatures".

I precise that I am working on ArcGIS mobile 10.1.1 and ArcGIS server 10.1.
I am working with an NOT-versionned ArcSDE database.
Data have a GlobalID Field and are registered to the ArcGIS Server.

There is no security option to my mobile service (http with no -s and so no identification required for downloading the data and I suppose for uploading but maybe the problem come from there, I don't know).

Also, after reading the thread 54005, where the same error was mentionned, I checked the permission and it is public so the problem does not come from there.

If you have any idea, please let me know !

Thanks !
0 Kudos
IvanPobis
New Contributor III
Nicolas,

have you solved your problem? I have same problem on the same version of ArcGIS Server.
Can you help me please?

Thank you very much.
Ivan

Hello,

I have also a mobile upload error but it is a different one : "Fatal error from the server".
The download is working but not the upload.

When I check on the server's journal, I have the following message : "MobileSync: Post Features Failure" concerning the following method :"MobileSync.UploadFeatures".

I precise that I am working on ArcGIS mobile 10.1.1 and ArcGIS server 10.1.
I am working with an NOT-versionned ArcSDE database.
Data have a GlobalID Field and are registered to the ArcGIS Server.

There is no security option to my mobile service (http with no -s and so no identification required for downloading the data and I suppose for uploading but maybe the problem come from there, I don't know).

Also, after reading the thread 54005, where the same error was mentionned, I checked the permission and it is public so the problem does not come from there.

If you have any idea, please let me know !

Thanks !
0 Kudos
KierenTinning1
New Contributor II
It may be that your selection tables have not been built.

Depending on how you set up server you may have user specific or global selection tables in ArcSDE (the ones ArcMap uses when the user selects over 100 records)

Go to ArcMap and load the layers that you have been using for your service, then do a big selection (i.e. over 100 features). This will cause ArcGIS to build these tables (ArcGIS Mobile won't, just hangs).

Once you do this try posting, it should work for you

K

Nicolas,

have you solved your problem? I have same problem on the same version of ArcGIS Server.
Can you help me please?

Thank you very much.
Ivan
0 Kudos
IvanPobis
New Contributor III
Thanks a lot, but unfortunately does not work. So far I have in MS SQL SDE geodatabase just 20 records. By the mobile mapping I want collect more.

Ivan

It may be that your selection tables have not been built.

Depending on how you set up server you may have user specific or global selection tables in ArcSDE (the ones ArcMap uses when the user selects over 100 records)

Go to ArcMap and load the layers that you have been using for your service, then do a big selection (i.e. over 100 features). This will cause ArcGIS to build these tables (ArcGIS Mobile won't, just hangs).

Once you do this try posting, it should work for you

K
0 Kudos