How do I load my ArcGIS Server Cached map service onto my device

05-18-2011 09:44 AM
CaseyBentz
Occasional Contributor II
I have been searching and searching and have found no mention of how to load my tiled map service cache onto my device.  I will be working in remote areas and therefore, will not be connected to my or any ArcGIS Server.  I will have to preload the tiled map service cache onto my Juno SC.  Has anyone accomplished this?  If so, please provide some guidance.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
CaseyBentz
Occasional Contributor II
Martin, I cannot get your link to work.
0 Kudos
MartinCopping
Esri Contributor
I've edited the URL, please try again...
Martin Copping
Product Manager, ArcGIS Online - Dashboards
0 Kudos
MariaJosefson
New Contributor II
Dear Martin, would you mind re-posting that document? The original download expired. Thanks! Maria
0 Kudos
MartinCopping
Esri Contributor
For some reason, the original link stopped working and the new one was being truncated�?� Please use this LINK
Martin Copping
Product Manager, ArcGIS Online - Dashboards
0 Kudos
MariaJosefson
New Contributor II
After fighting with basemap not showing up on ArcGIS Mobile (Toughbook) while working perfectly fine on the desktop's ArcGIS Mobile Center for two days, this alteration to the .amp file is the only way we got it to work. Thanks for this!

I ran into a similar issue, and resorted to explicitly stating the cache in the project file which worked for me

Open up the project .amp file in notepad, find the xml entry for the basemap cache near to the bottom, e.g.

<TileCacheMapLayer name="MYBasemap" cacheDirectory="MyBasemap" visible="True" />

Edit the cacheDirectory with the full path, e.g.

<TileCacheMapLayer name="MYBasemap" cacheDirectory="\My Documents\ArcGIS Mobile\MyBasemap" visible="True" />
0 Kudos