From where can sample app be downloaded?

05-16-2011 08:24 PM
ChrisBeaudette
Occasional Contributor
I'd like to download the sample app described here, but every link to it is circular back to that page. I'd like to install it on a Trimble Juno.

I've successfully installed all 3 cab files at <ArcGIS Install Dir>\Mobile10.0\Install on the Juno:
- AGMRTQWinCE.CAB
- AGMRuntime.CAB
- ArcGISMobile.CAB

I can run AGM on the Juno and the 'home' page prompts me for locations from which to download mobile apps (ArcWeb or a custom AGS site) but there's no icon for starting the sample app.

From where can it be downloaded?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Chris,

Thank you for bringing this broken link to our attention. I will contact the team and see if we can get a working download uploaded to ArcGIS Mobile Gallery.

Thanks,
Denise
0 Kudos
ChrisBeaudette
Occasional Contributor
Finally tracked down a AGM 10 installation (from the Customer Care Portal) where I downloaded an ISO
(ArcGIS_Mobile10_b2475_123336.iso) that when extracted, contained a folder named 'MobileWindowsApp'.  But that folder has only setup.exe/msi files, which can't be run from the Juno, and the setup1.cab file in that same folder fails to install.  ESRI said to 'connect the Juno via USB cable to the desktop/laptop machine for installation process to be performed', which I did, but it installs it on my desktop, not the mobile (at least I think so -- couldn't find any Windows Mobile app anywhere) and when starting AGM on the Juno it says that 'No projects were found on this device'.

Can't find installation instructs anywhere.

Has anyone successfully installed the v10 Windows Mobile App on a Trimble/mobile device?  What am I missing??
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Chris,

You will see the 'No projects  were found on this device' message because you haven't yet created a mobile project. I apologize, I believe my instructions to install from 'MobileWindowsApp' was incorrect, please double-click the 'ESRI.exe' file to launch the media. You will find 'Setup' for both the ArcGIS Mobile and ArcGIS Mobile Windows Application as well as the Install Guide. You can also find the Installation Guide on ArcGIS Mobile Resource Center, http://resources.arcgis.com/content/arcgis-mobile/10.0/about.

After you have installed the application, revisit ArcGIS Mobile Help to learn how to use the Mobile Project  Center desktop application to create and manage  field projects for use with the ready to deploy ArcGIS Mobile field  applications.Using  the Mobile Project Center you can create new mobile projects and save  them locally on your desktop, to your corporate web server, or inside of  your ArcGIS.com account.

To get started, see Working with Projects. I recommend watching the following videos on ArcGIS Mobile Resource Center: Using ArcGIS Mobile with ArcGIS Desktop, What is Mobile Project Center, How to Create a Mobile Project, http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/video/arcgis-mobile.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos