Failure to Synchronize ArcMobile on Juno Device to ArcServer

02-26-2013 06:26 AM
KevinMorris
New Contributor III
Hello GIS and GPS techies,

I am involved with getting ArcGIS for Mobile working with our Enterprise SDE/ArcServer Services through our intranet (not public facing unless through VPN). I have been successful testing the arcmobile project in windows and copying it to a Juno Device where I performed several feature creation/edits. However, when I want to update changes to the server, the synchronize function (on the Juno) fails to connect to the Server.

This appears to be a matter of permissions and I was hoping that someone out there has come across how to resolve this issue.

My original assumption, was that if the Juno was connected to an NPS computer, the Active Directory user/password would be used. If this is not the case do I have to create a VPN on the JUNO? During the creation of the .amp project in Mobile Project Center I have tried both entering a user/password for ArcServer and use the option to use Windows Authentication. The demo service permissions were converted to public in ArcServer to see if this would "open" up the service to all permissions and viewers. NOTE: The local version of the project (.amp) does synchronize to the server when running on my workstation (Windows version of ArcGIS for Mobile).

Workstation: Windows 7/ArcGIS for Mobile 10.1.1
Server: Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, SDE 10.1 (w/ 10.0 database), ArcServer 10.1 using the Web Adaptor and Windows Authentication for Role Policies.  Mobile applications running on Mobile Services.
Handheld: Juno, ArcGIS for Mobile 10.1.1
0 Kudos
1 Reply
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever get this working? We have a very similar issue and setup.

thankx

Frank

0 Kudos