ArcMobile 10.1.1 crashes when i collect data??

03-13-2013 01:58 AM
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
Hi there

My Desktop setup:

• x64

• WIN 7

• ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.1

• ArcGis Mobile for Windows 10.1.1

My Mobile setup:

• x32 tablet (Samsung Slate)

• x32 Tablet Panasonic Toughbook C29

• ArcGIS Mobile for Windows 10.1.1.

MY PROBLEM:
The filegeodatabase (version 10) with all our features are managed on the Desktop and the cache are created from within here (version 10.1.1 tools).
No problem in creating the cache or "manipulating" it in the Project Center (10.1.1) or to distribute the "packages" to the clients.

The PROBLEM IS: when I wan't to collect data on the tablets or in any "arcgis Mobile 10.1.1" it crashes down and I can't find out WHY?.
If I use the SAME dataset/package on ArcGIS Mobile version 3.1.1 then it works FINE ???

I have attached the dataset (sorry, it's in danish, but I think you'll understand anyway and the ORTHO's are missing).
When i try to collect the "Broer_PAQ040X" it seems to work OK, but when I wan't to collect "Vej_LAP30" or for example "Skov_AEC030" it crashes down??

Is it a bug or my data or setup ?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
And this is the created logfile, and it means ?????

Esri® ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1.0
3. april 2013 13:08:52

-----
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Stack Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.FeatureCaching.UniqueValue.get_Item(String key)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client.Feature..ctor(FeatureType featureType, Object[] defaultValues)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client.Tasks.CollectFeatures.CollectFeaturesTask.StartCollection(FeatureType featureType, Object[] itemArray)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client.Tasks.CollectFeatures.CollectFeaturesTask.FeatureTypeSelected(FeatureType featureType)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client.Tasks.CollectFeatures.CollectFeaturesTask._selectFeatureTypePage_FeatureTypeSelected(Object sender, FeatureTypeEventArgs e)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client.Pages.SelectFeatureTypePage.OnFeatureTypeSelected(FeatureTypeEventArgs args)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client.Pages.SelectFeatureTypePage._featureTypeListCtrl_FeatureTypeClick(Object sender, FeatureTypeEventArgs e)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client.Controls.FeatureTypeListControl.ListItem_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
-----
0 Kudos
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
Update:

If I construct a new FC-polygon without any other fields it works.

If I use the earlier attached FC-polygon with "standard value in display field" it works. But if I use it with a field where I have used "subtypes or own created domain" it crashes down????
But this is only for polygons....If I use a polyline with own created domains and subtypes it works?

This MUST be a bug in version 10.1.1

ESRI STAFF or ANYONE ??????????
0 Kudos
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
When I started using ArcGIS Mobile, I had similar issues, and I am only doing Point layers (no lines or polygons).

I suggest you set a default values for your domains and subtypes.
Try to use or avoid nulls for domain fields.
Or I would create simple operational polygon layer with the same number of fields but set a default value in each field or set a value in each field of the new record.

I am still using ArcGIS Mobile 10.0, so there could be differences, but this is where I would start.

Please post back on what you tried and if anything worked.

Thanks,

Akhil P.
0 Kudos
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
My problem is ONLY there with ArcGis Mobile 10.1.1???

The same dataset is functioning OK in other versions of Mobile.???
0 Kudos
AdamEllison
New Contributor
There is a NIM bug which may be what you're seeing... NIM-089560.  If you can log onto the support page, you can search for the NIM, otherwise I will attach a screenshot here--> [ATTACH=CONFIG]23313[/ATTACH]

Looks like something which should be addressed in the next release, but does also contain a possible work around.

Good Luck!
0 Kudos
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
Hi aelliso and thanks, but......

It doesn't look like my problem.....I'm not using the Mobile with a server, but are moving the packages/project directly from ArcMap to ProjectCenter to Mobile Tablet with a USB-drive.

And my problem are ONLY on polygons-layer.....NOT with polylines or points and EVERYTHING work fine in all other versions except the 10.1.1

So for me it looks like a bug with subtypes/domains when 10.1.1 tries to "call this function" in polygons....because it works if i change the FC back to "standard FCSubtype" without any subtypes (but I can still choice the subtypes under the attributes, so it's only when I use subtypes as "display/symbology" for an easier user GUI in Mobile the problem occurs).
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Henrik, would you be willing to share your data model with Mobile Team to investigate this further?
Please email dking@esri.com.

Thank you,
Denise

Hi aelliso and thanks, but......

It doesn't look like my problem.....I'm not using the Mobile with a server, but are moving the packages/project directly from ArcMap to ProjectCenter to Mobile Tablet with a USB-drive.

And my problem are ONLY on polygons-layer.....NOT with polylines or points and EVERYTHING work fine in all other versions except the 10.1.1

So for me it looks like a bug with subtypes/domains when 10.1.1 tries to "call this function" in polygons....because it works if i change the FC back to "standard FCSubtype" without any subtypes (but I can still choice the subtypes under the attributes, so it's only when I use subtypes as "display/symbology" for an easier user GUI in Mobile the problem occurs).
0 Kudos
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
Hi Denise

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "data model", but if you meant my data, then they are attached in my first post in the beginning.
0 Kudos
ScottBailey
New Contributor II
Was this ever resolved? I am experience the same issue when attaching pictures and sometimes when selecting the sub-types as I am creating new features.
0 Kudos