ArcGIS Android - How to set alpha values for layers

05-09-2011 12:14 PM
LosMorales1
New Contributor
Hi,

I have a map view where I add two layers-- a base layer and an aerial layer.  The base layer is of type ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer where as the aerial layer is of type ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer.  I would like to set the alpha on the aerial layer so that it is essentially transparent to begin with.  I also have a slider control where it will affect the aerial layer's alpha value.

I can't seem to find anywhere on how to set the alpha value.  I'm using Android level 7 (2.1).  The only thing I can think of is using Android's own View, which has a "setAlpha", but this is only for level 11 (3.0) and up, which is not even supported officially by Esri.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

-los
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkWoollard
New Contributor II
Also trying to figure this out - thanks Mark
0 Kudos
LosMorales1
New Contributor
I haven't been able to figure this one out yet so I put it on hold.  I currently don't think this is doable with the existing ESRI apis.  Has someone got something similar to work?  Appreciate any help.  Thanks.

-los
0 Kudos
HaifengLi
New Contributor
Unfortunately, Beta version of ArcGIS for Android API does not come with the ability to set alpha value(transparency) for each individual layer. Please wait for the final release.

Thanks,

Haifeng Li

Hi,

I have a map view where I add two layers-- a base layer and an aerial layer.  The base layer is of type ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer where as the aerial layer is of type ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer.  I would like to set the alpha on the aerial layer so that it is essentially transparent to begin with.  I also have a slider control where it will affect the aerial layer's alpha value.

I can't seem to find anywhere on how to set the alpha value.  I'm using Android level 7 (2.1).  The only thing I can think of is using Android's own View, which has a "setAlpha", but this is only for level 11 (3.0) and up, which is not even supported officially by Esri.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

-los
0 Kudos
PeterrIISAGER
New Contributor
So will there for sure be the option to set layer-transparency in the final ArcGIS for Android API?
0 Kudos