Select to view content in your preferred language

Can ArcGIS for Windows Mobile b2550 SDK be installed alongside ArcGIS Desktop 10.1?

10-11-2012 06:22 AM
DavidMarley
Occasional Contributor II
Can the ArcGIS Windows Mobile SDK b2550 be installed alongside ArcGIS Desktop 10.1

Currently my main development box has ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 and Windows Mobile SDK b2550.  I need to upgrade to Desktop 10.1, but not sure if there is a compability issue with Mobile b2550.

I know that a newer Mobile SDK is out now (3.1) but would rather not upgrade that right now - unless apps compiled under b2550 can easily be recompiled with 3.1?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
nev
by
New Contributor III
Thanks Denise,
I have attached the Belarc report pages and a capture of the error when attempting to run the install which says that you must uninstall any version 10.1.3035 products before installing ArcMobile v10.
The Belarc report will show I have ArcMobile v3 on there, that wasn't on there when i tried to intall ArcMobile10 so that is not part of the problem.
Mick
0 Kudos
WaylonLang
New Contributor II
I have tried installing Windows Mobile 2550 alongside Desktop 10.1 and i get the same notification that Mick gets. It simply won't let me install it unless the machine is free of 10.1 products. Also when installing Desktop 10.1 I was prompted to remove Mobile 2550 before it would allow me to install 10.1.
0 Kudos
nev
by
New Contributor III
Denise,
Any ideas how long it might take to confirm this one way or the other??
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Mick,

I apologize for delay in the response, I've been out of the office on vacation over the holidays. After testing we have found you cannot connect to ArcGIS for Server 10.1 from ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.0 (OOTB or custom apps). It is recommended to migrate your custom ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.0 SDK projects to ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.1 SDK.

Denise
0 Kudos