Requirements for activating ArcGIS for Teams?

Jump to solution
05-04-2021 12:51 AM
OscarMonell
Esri Contributor

Are there any organizational settings in our Microsoft Office 365 environment that are required to change to allow the activation of ArcGIS for Teams? 

After following the sign-in process, Teams open but are "unable to find the application in the library".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

@OscarMonell do you have access to this page? https://appsource.microsoft.com/cs-cz/product/office/wa200002859?tab=overview

What term do you search for in the Teams? Don´t search for ArcGIS for Teams, but ArcGIS Maps. 

I don´t know how in Sweden, but in the Czech Republic, I see the app since morning, so I think you should see this on your side too.  I will check it with our IT, and let you know if they respond to me.

Vladimir

View solution in original post

7 Replies
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @OscarMonell ,

as far as I know, yes, if you don´t see ArcGIS Maps among other MS Teams apps, it´s possible that your Office 365 manager has setup just a selection of apps which user´s can install.

So ask your Office 365 manager/IT to enable the other apps, respectively ArcGIS Maps to your client´s Teams app.

Hope this helps.

Vladimir

Vladimir
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@OscarMonell,

Just echoing what @VHolubec has said above! The potential need for an IT administrator to manage the apps at a Microsoft Teams level is documented here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/teams/help/get-started.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_009F784FCB0B4D0DAF2099C59D53217D

Arielle

OscarMonell
Esri Contributor

Yes, that is probably the solution, but the app was still not available according to IT-admin. 

But that just might be a case of regional delays (Sweden) - we'll wait a day or two and see if it appears.

0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

@OscarMonell do you have access to this page? https://appsource.microsoft.com/cs-cz/product/office/wa200002859?tab=overview

What term do you search for in the Teams? Don´t search for ArcGIS for Teams, but ArcGIS Maps. 

I don´t know how in Sweden, but in the Czech Republic, I see the app since morning, so I think you should see this on your side too.  I will check it with our IT, and let you know if they respond to me.

Vladimir
OscarMonell
Esri Contributor

Got it,

it turned out my admin staff thought that was something else. 

Now it all works.

Thank you!

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Great that's works for you now!  You are welcome.

Have a great day.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect and love the early community support!

Short story... ArcGIS Maps shows as the name since we have to use a short and long name. The short name also populates the app bar on the left as well as the name in the catalog, yet the long name is listed as ArcGIS for Teams and follows our other ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 naming conventions for Office, SharePoint, and Power BI.

Cheers,

Andrew