HECVAT from ESRI

07-13-2021 08:30 AM
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

I mentioned to our Office 365 admins about adding this app to our tenant and one part of the requirement for allowing 3rd party Teams integrations is to provide a HECVAT form from the app vendor. 

Higher Education Community Vendor Assessment Toolkit | EDUCAUSE

Has ESRI completed one of these for any other universities? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DougSims_GT ,

We have provided similar information to Microsoft to get M365 certified, but to my knowledge we have not provided this information to universities. I have reached out to our Education Team and will follow up if there are any changes. 

Thank you,

Andrew

0 Kudos
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Andrew, there was a bit of confusion when I was told that we needed this, but apparently our cyber security team requires this now. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good to know and I would be interested to know if Microsoft and Google provide these on a one by one basis, or if they have a standard version of it that everyone downloads off their website.

0 Kudos
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

The Community Broker Index lists the completed assessments that have been posted there. Google is in there for a couple of services, but I don't see Microsoft. 

HECVAT CBI: HECVAT: REN-ISAC: Research Education Networking Information Sharing & Analysis Center

There are two options, a full assessment or lite assessment, which are just Excel files that you (the vendor) fills out with answers about security practices and policies. It looks like this is a fairly recent thing. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've sent this to our education team to see if they would sponsor such a project with our security team. We do publicly document and address questions asked in the document on this site. https://trust.arcgis.com/en/

I'm not sure if that's a silver bullet, but it may be a good start!

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos