Groups in ArcGIS for Teams

08-12-2021 07:14 AM
IandeNeeve1
New Contributor III

I have an "Administrator" role in our ArcGIS Online organization. However, when I go to see my groups or item content shared into groups that I own, search results shows only items that are open for Everyone. How can I find group-specific items and share those to individuals as necessary?

Is there a way to mirror groups in Teams after groups in AGO?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @IandeNeeve1 

We don't have a way to only search within a group, but that is definitely something we can work on. As an Administrator you should be able to search and return ALL the content you have access to across your org.

If I understand the issue you are outlining, it sounds like you can only search and find public content. Can you confirm that you are logged in by checking the Options tab?

Cheers,

Andrew

IandeNeeve1
New Contributor III

Hello @Anonymous User 

Yes, I can confirm through the Options tab that I am signed in.

Here's a comparison between results to the My Content call in Teams:

IandeNeeve1_0-1628858659782.png

=46 items

And then in ArcGIS Online:

IandeNeeve1_1-1628858711792.png

=449 items

I realize that there are products that are not supported yet in Teams, but that is quite the difference. Also, I should be seeing ones that I own and serve out.

Could it have something to do with the credentials of others in Teams? Many in our overall local government do not have credentials to our ArcGIS Online organization.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unsupported item types could be part of the difference in numbers you are seeing, but 403 is a lot of unsupported items. I'll pass this over to the Developers to see if there's a bug, and we can discuss some enhancements to make this smoother for you. 

@Anonymous User 

0 Kudos
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

Hi @IandeNeeve1 

Would you be able to conduct the same search of your ArcGIS contents in Teams but this typing in Search my instead of My Content? Does this provide you will better results in Teams?

IandeNeeve1
New Contributor III

Thank you @SebastianSaballett 

That helps. I think I am getting a better understanding as to how to use this.