Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding ArcGIS Tab to a Team to Share Dashboard

Jump to solution
02-05-2024 05:41 AM
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I have had a Dashboard shared to a Team for a while using the Website tab via a URL, lately we have started encountering this error and learned that this style of tab will be getting retired in the spring. Someone had mentioned using the ArcGIS for Teams set up and I'm trying to add this dashboard to the Team that way, however it tells me I don't have permissions to view the item, despite the fact I am the owner and an admin in our ArcGIS Online organization.

What am I missing? Thanks!

RobertAnderson3_0-1707140382559.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @SebastianSaballett thank you for the response!

It seems I have determined what the issue is, I'm not sure if it's a limitation I missed in the documentation or what, but when I add an Operations Dashboard that is shared to the whole organization it shows up fine, but if it's only shared to specific groups within the organization, it says I do not have permission despite the fact I am logged in as an account in those groups (and admin, and app owner of both).

Is this a known behaviour and intentional or a bug of some kind?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

While utilizing views is important, the dashboard is already set up in a way that the people in the group are who are supposed to view the data available.

I just can't seem to view the dashboard item AT ALL in the ArcGIS for Teams tab. It tells me I don't have permissions to view a dashboard I own and is shared to the organization.

I tried adding layers to a tab and these work, but directs to browser, web maps (including the one in my Dashboard) work and display, Experience Builder and Instant Apps seem to show me with permissions but it just gets caught in a loading loop (I saw somewhere that they're not supported yet).

It's just the Dashboards that I don't seem to have permissions to view when I add them.

0 Kudos
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

@RobertAnderson3 If you have the ownership to all the items inside of the dashboard then yes you should be able to sign in and view the dashboard. This is also with respect to those who the dashboard is shared with as well, if they are previously shared with all the items that is added to the dashboard then they should be able to sign into ArcGIS for Teams and view it as well.

If you have an example that is similar to your dashboard, I would be happy to look into this and see how we can address this issue.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @SebastianSaballett thank you for the response!

It seems I have determined what the issue is, I'm not sure if it's a limitation I missed in the documentation or what, but when I add an Operations Dashboard that is shared to the whole organization it shows up fine, but if it's only shared to specific groups within the organization, it says I do not have permission despite the fact I am logged in as an account in those groups (and admin, and app owner of both).

Is this a known behaviour and intentional or a bug of some kind?

0 Kudos