Trouble with the SharePoint 2010 installation

07-16-2015 09:38 AM
ShaunGibbins2
New Contributor III

Hi

I'm getting this error when attempting to install Esri Maps for SharePoint 4.0 on SharePoint 2010 using the installer Esri_Maps_SharePoint_4_0_SP2010 which I downloaded today.

Can anyone help please?

Feature with Id 'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.

***** SOLUTION DEPLOYMENT *****

WFE Server Name : https://sp.mydomain/ : The solution was successfully deployed.

***** FEATURE ACTIVATION *****

***** ERROR *****

Feature with Id 'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.

ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallException: Feature with Id 'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Feature with Id 'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternalWithName(Guid featureId, String featureName, Version version, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, SPFeatureActivateFlags activateFlags, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly, SPFeatureDefinitionScope featdefScope)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId, Boolean force)

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallerControls.InstallProcessControl.ActivateSiteCollectionFeatureCommand.Execute()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallerControls.InstallProcessControl.ActivateSiteCollectionFeatureCommand.Execute()

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallerControls.InstallProcessControl.TimerEventInstall(Object myObject, EventArgs myEventArgs)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
QuanTang
New Contributor II

Hi, Shaun

We cannot reproduce this installation issue in house, and no other users have ever reported this issue. So it might be due to some specific settings in your environment. Please apply the following solution to see if it can fix the issue for you. If not, the following steps at least can give us some feedback.

Could you please verify that is there a folder with the name "ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.wsp_ArcGIS Map WebPart" under the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES" in your SharePoint 2010 server? If so, then the feature is already installed and you can manually activate the feature in your site collection. Please go to your site collection, then navigate to "site settings" -> "site collection administration" -> "site collection features" and try to find the feature "Esri maps for SharePoint" there and then manually activate it (you have to be a site collection administrator to perform these steps).

If the feature directory is not there or "Esri Maps for SharePoint" feature is not in the site collection features list, please run an IIS reset and then re-run the M4SP setup program.

If the problem still occur, please try to use the PowerShell command line for the installation. The documentation for that is here: Install Esri Maps for SharePoint—Esri Maps for SharePoint | ArcGIS

Esri Maps for SharePoint Team.

0 Kudos
ShaunGibbins2
New Contributor III

Hi Quan

Thanks for your reply, I have been testing your suggestions and run into the following problem using the powershell install.

When I run the command Enable-SPFeature -identity "ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.wsp_ArcGIS Map WebPart" -URL https://sharepointsite

I get this error

Enable-SPFeature : There is already a workflow association with this name 'Esri Maps Connect (commercial)'

If I navigate to http://sharepoint/_layouts/wrkmng.aspx I see two Esri workflows that were not removed when the feature was removed. They are not listed or removable from https://sharepoint/_layouts/wrksetng.aspx so could you please assist me in removing them please.

workflows.png

0 Kudos