The portal at <URL> is not configured to support Esri Maps for Office

11-06-2015 03:05 PM
JohnDye
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get Esri Maps for Office up and running with our Portal. It seemed like a pretty straight forward setup. I installed the Portal Resources, restarted the Portal and then installed Esri Maps for Office 3.1 on my client machine and restarted Excel and Powerpoint.

When I fired up Excel to start testing, I noticed that I wasn't signed in automagically - which I thought was strange because our Portal is configured for IWA. So I clicked the Sign In button on the Esri Maps tab and got this:

EMO_Error.png

Not sure what to do since it doesn't really provide any guidance as to what's wrong.

Environment

Server-Side

• Server1 (Windows Server 2008R2)
    • Web Adaptor (IIS) 10.3.1
    • Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1
    • Esri Maps for Office Resources for Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 or higher
  • Server2 (Windows Server 2008R2)
    • Web Adaptor for ArcGIS 10.3.1
    • ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 (Federated + Hosting)
  • Server3 (Windows Server 2008R2)
    • Datastore for ArcGIS 10.3.1 (Managed Database of ArcGIS for Server on Server2)

Client (Windows 7 Enterprise)

• Esri Maps for Office 3.1
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Microsoft Office 2010
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

See this post

Maps for Office 3.0 &amp; Portal 10.3 or 10.2

and download the Esri Maps for Office Resources installer Esri Maps for Office Resources for Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 or higher executable from here, Working with Portal for ArcGIS—Esri Maps for Office | ArcGIS .

may be that would help you!

0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II

You need to download and install Esri Maps for Office Resources for Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 or higher

If using 10.2 or earlier, download Esri Maps for Office Resources for Portal for ArcGIS 10.2.2 or prior

This must be installed on the Portal machine.

JohnDye

Thanks for the response guys. When I said I installed the Portal Resources though, I meant that I installed the Esri Maps for Offices portal resources.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

So, when you said installed Portal Resources, did you do it on the client machine where Excel is or on the Portal machine which you are connecting to?

0 Kudos
JohnDye

On the Portal machine.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hello John,

Please also ensure that that version (32 or 64 bit) of the Portal resources matches the version of your Microsoft Office installation.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you verify if you are using HTTPS on the Portal URL?

0 Kudos
MarcoMedeiros
New Contributor II

Hi everyone. I can't configure my Portal to work with Maps for Office. I have tried the steps listed in Working with Portal for ArcGIS—Esri Maps for Office | ArcGIS, i have verified my HTTPS URL and i have verified if my version of Maps for Office is the same to version of Office.

aravindforums1@gmail.com‌...  There is another thing to do to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Marco,

One of the first things you'll want to verify is that you can access the newly installed Portal Resources.

On your workstation, open a web browser and navigate to: https://yourPortal.esri.com/portal/resources/esrimapsforoffice/4.1/office/4.1.0.600/esriM4O/images/F...

A small png image should resolve. If not, this means that the newly installed resources are inaccessible over your network.